Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Cheesus posted:

The most annoying part of the prep was the no-fiber diet. The idea of eating an "American diet" of white bread, cottage cheese, and seemingly junk-food-is-ok was oddly non-trivial for me to pull off. The pre-day laxative prep was not as bad as I expected.

I hated the low fibre diet. Everywhere does their prep differently and I had to do five days of the diet. The laxative wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. Again, different places use different packs and the one I used was effective without provoking the urgency I'd read about.

The doctor scoping me didn't wait until the anaesthetic had taken full effect which was unpleasant, to say the least. I was due for another colonoscopy two years ago but covid halted a lot of the routine screening programmes. My doctor referred my again last year but I still haven't heard from the clinic so I need to vhase it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

greatBigJerk posted:

I wonder if it's an American thing to be put under for a colonoscopy. Here in the cold north, I was given a mild IV anesthetic and was awake for the whole thing. It was pretty chill though.

Australian here and I had a general. Mine was done in a hospital. Clinics use sedation, as do hospitals on people who don't clear the general anaesthesia screening.