Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Piggy Smalls posted:

…I’ll like it. In all seriousness anyone go through the procedure? I’m afraid to get sedated since I’m afraid I won’t wake up and I also hate that feeling minutes after when you don’t know where you are at.

Any other procedures (health related) you goons have gone through that were scary for you? How did it go? Glad or sorry you did it?

Sedation is not anaesthesia. I also dislike being rendered unconscious, but the sedation for my colonoscopy was super good and relaxing; you're awake, but nothing bothers you.

It's always better to know than not know, and if you knew anything at all about the effects of colon cancer and how it'll gently caress your life up even if you survive it, you wouldn't be so squeamish.

The prep varies. Mine tasted like flat Sprite that someone had added a teaspoon of salt to; not desirable as a beverage, but not that hard to get down. Chilling it helps, apparently. The laxative effect is extremely rapid, it passes through you in about a minute.

Don't accidentally eat or drink anything after the times you're given, in fact, follow the instructions to the letter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

pencilhands posted:

This happened to me and it was so awkward the doctor laughed it off but then it was like that scene in american pie where i immediately came again like 30 seconds later and the nurse looked visibly disgusted and asked how thats even possible

Maybe it was her first day on the job. Maybe a very sheltered life.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Deptfordx posted:

Remember it's important to establish dominance, pick a fight with the weakest looking member of the medical team and kick their rear end. Then the rest will respect you.

I can't believe the guy who was dropping loads with a 30 second refractory period had any problems with dominance.