Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

…I’ll like it. In all seriousness anyone go through the procedure? I’m afraid to get sedated since I’m afraid I won’t wake up and I also hate that feeling minutes after when you don’t know where you are at.

Any other procedures (health related) you goons have gone through that were scary for you? How did it go? Glad or sorry you did it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,

Thank you goons. I think my fear is exacerbated by the heart attack I had exactly 10 years ago. The feeling of being awake one minute then….black….then “where the f am I???!!” I figure the gastroenterologist knows I had a heart attack and will relay that fact to the anesthesiologist as will I.

I also have an external hemorrhoid and had mentioned it in passing during my initial visit.

I had told the doctor I was deathly afraid and I guess I worried him about my anxiety so he wanted me to just do the test where you poop in a bottle send it to the lab (cologuard?) I read it isn’t as exact and that you need to do it every 3 years. So I called him back and told him I’d go through with being sedated and having the procedure.

I’ll update you guys for sure the evening of Thursday. Call me stupid but I literally thought I could go to work right after. I guess not.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,

Also enjoyed reading about your experiences with other procedures. I guess we all survive with a story to tell. Love it.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,

mackensie posted:

Try to get the procedure early so get the clean instrument.

Have it at 8am. Have to be there at 7am.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,

Metric Skeleton posted:

livepost the prep process op

I start the prep at 10pm and have to wake up (I doubt I’ll sleep) at 2am. I’ll post what I’m taking and how it goes. Promise.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,

Don’t know how to post pictures but the stuff I need to drink is Suflave.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,

Ok downed the first giant container of it. Waiting for any symptoms. Having some farting but no making GBS threads yet. It’s been 5 minutes. Tasted like the lemon Gatorade but salty as all hell.

Supposed to take the second one at 2

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,

Love the stories! Well it’s 2am. Was visiting the bathroom a lot. I was super tired so fell asleep on the couch. Felt like I needed to use the restroom so sat up. Went upstairs and noticed my underwear and shorts wet. I must have leaked all over the couch. gently caress!

Now I have to chug another huge rear end container of this gross rear end salty Gatorade tasting stuff. I had put in the fridge and now since it’s 2am and I’m likely dehydrated I’m freezing cold and have to chug a cold drink.

Goons your right the drink thing is the best worst part. There was a point after initially taking it and feeling nothing for 20 minutes that maybe the drink wouldn’t work on me but drat was I wrong.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,

Lost 6 pounds this morning. Having weighed this much since college days.
Mom also thirsty as all hell but it says I can’t drink anything now.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,

All done. Groggy. They gave me some versed and fentalyl (spelling). I was nervous then before I knew it I was in the recovery like nothing happened. I have this tendency to want to fall forward walking though. The drugs im sure.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,

Nessus posted:

Congratulations. How’s ur butthole look?

Inside one large polyp removed. My hemorrhoid is still intact. No bleeding. Was a success so far. Hopefully the biopsy shows nothing.

I ate a hamburger and onion rings and a huge cup of diet soda.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,

redshirt posted:

Way to go brother! Did they give you results when you were there? All good?

Waiting for the biopsy. Says it takes 2 weeks about.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,

Zeluth posted:

Beforehand, did you get a Fit test and what kind? Also, abnormal being positive is a good thing, right?

I didn’t even get a cardiologist clearance. They evidently didn’t think I needed it even though I had a heart attack 10 years ago.

Turned out the whole fear thing was a big ‘ol nothing burger.

I actually lost 6 pounds on the liquid making GBS threads drink. Too bad afterward I ate a massive burger and onion rings and gained it all back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,

Busters posted:

Glad it went well for you.

If you could go back into the past and respond to your OP what would you tell past Piggy a out getting your poop chute scooped?

Not to worry about it at all. The colon cleansing drink was the worst but the procedure was painless and the sedation made for a nice relaxed day and super restful night.