Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.
Hello, OP. I have serrated polyposis, which I only discovered after requesting my GI doc perform a colonoscopy upon remembering my grandma’s various health woes. They found stuff - all precancerous, but which would have been awful if I’d waited until I was 40. Whatever reason you have for a colonoscopy, it’s probably not going to be as weird as that.

The prep: it’s gross! You’ll spend a day consuming clear foods and broth from a list, and basically chugging as much water as you can without getting sick. In the early evening you’ll have a course of a prescription Hell Laxative, which will probably taste kinda like Dimetapp dissolved in heavy metals. The initial reaction your bowels will have is deceptively understated - within 30 minutes you’ll want to be on a toilet, and you’ll be there for a few hours. Then you’ll probably take a second round of the same laxative again, and will likely be up past midnight with hallucinatory megashits. This is all normal. If you have a tablet, use it to watch movies while you poo.

The next day you’ll need someone to drive you to and from the procedure. You will, almost certainly, sleep through the whole thing, and probably fart while you’re in recovery. It’s just a medical procedure, goon, and then you can go home and fall asleep with your mouth open, probably maybe not even having weird dreams about it. Post here afterward and regale us with the saga of your o-ring inspection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU