Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sapper
Mar 8, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
Dude, I literally just got one last Wednesday. Not my first surgery or time under sedation--you have nothing to worry about. And I woke up more alert than when I wake up in the morning.

No, the actual procedure isn't anything to worry about.

The preparation, on the other hand...brother, you're in for a real lovely time. Mine was scheduled for noon and I did not sleep the night before, because I was scared to death that I'd cough/sneeze and poo poo the bed. Good god, I was making GBS threads out bits of the MREs I ate 20 years ago...

Cheesus posted:

Pro Tip 1: Once you take your laxatives, DO NOT TRUST A FART.
Pro Tip 2: Stop wiping, only dab for the rest of the day. Even then your anus will be very sore.

THIS. ALL OF THIS. I got a squeeze bottle and ran some hose to it for a makeshift bidet...get yourself a couple packages of baby wipes. Use the regular TP to dab off the horrendous liquid everywhere, but wipe...wipe ONLY with the baby wipes.

Hopefully your home has two bathrooms, declare one of them your kingdom for the day, and get comfortable--you ain't leaving. I was more worried about getting damned deep vein thrombosis from sitting on the john so long. Seriously, just when you thought you're done, you stand up--AND SIT RIGHT THE gently caress BACK DOWN, GRABBING THE SIDES OF THE SEAT!

You will beg. You will plead. You'll squeeze your eyes shut but a few tears will still leak out. I was praying aloud for hours--and I'm an atheist!

At least I didn't have the nasty prescription Drano--I just had to take an entire bottle of Miralax (14 days worth!) over the course of 2 hours. Then the games began...

Sapper fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Oct 4, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU