Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dsf
Jul 1, 2004

MrQwerty posted:

You could kill kids in Fallout and Fallout 2.
They had to remove kids from both games to release them in Europe.

they didnt actually remove them though - just made them invisible and unable to be interacted with.
this caused a cool bug where kids in a certain shop could pickpocket items out of your inventory without any recourse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

MrQwerty posted:

You could kill kids in Fallout and Fallout 2.
They had to remove kids from both games to release them in Europe.

This makes me want to play Baldur's Gate again to see if you can kill kids. Same company - later release date. I'm pretty sure you can, somebody did it in the great IWD2 LP.

I remember tabloids being outraged over here because of a mod that added teletubbies to Quake. It was because they gibbed into bloody chunks like everything else.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Look up Fallout New Springfield. There's a bunch of them.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Oct 6, 2023

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
Great question, OP. It's a toss-up, but the best faction was surely The Hotdoggers. If you'll recall, they were the ones who fashioned their armor and weapons to resemble hot dogs. They also swore off sunscreen so their skin would look more hotdog-like. I'll always remember their third quest when Gary "Bruce" Bacons memorably swore, "Suck The Chili From My Dog Hole" before he wasted Karl "King" Footlonger.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Larry Cum Free posted:

I don't remember, Ellen. I played it a long time ago :(

play it again it's good

also i'm the best faction

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
Tunnel Snakes rule!

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Wilkins Micawber posted:

Great question, OP. It's a toss-up, but the best faction was surely The Hotdoggers. If you'll recall, they were the ones who fashioned their armor and weapons to resemble hot dogs. They also swore off sunscreen so their skin would look more hotdog-like. I'll always remember their third quest when Gary "Bruce" Bacons memorably swore, "Suck The Chili From My Dog Hole" before he wasted Karl "King" Footlonger.

I didn't know the writer who made the Atom Cats had an account here

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Arc Hammer posted:

Look up Fallout New Springfield. There's a bunch of them.

lol

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
This is now a thread for Simpsons Fallout crossovers:

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!
Of all of the options, Mr. House is the only one that makes any long term sense.

The NCR is an overextended borderline failed state. Democracy is great, but when everyday is a crisis, survival is more important.

Caesar is a gently caress.

Yes Man is definitely the funniest route, but in the end you are a guy who is good at shooting things.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

Of all of the options, Mr. House is the only one that makes any long term sense.

The NCR is an overextended borderline failed state. Democracy is great, but when everyday is a crisis, survival is more important.

Caesar is a gently caress.

Yes Man is definitely the funniest route, but in the end you are a guy who is good at shooting things.

tbh i wouldn't have minded a "nobody" option: sabotage the NCR, kill Caesar, sever House's control, blow up the BoS, drive the Khans away, and you just walk away

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

lol the first time I got to the Khans and talked to Papa Khan I was like, "is that who I fuckin' think it is?"

and it was

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I always assumed with yes man that it was yes man himself who runs the strip in the end

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

ilmucche posted:

I always assumed with yes man that it was yes man himself who runs the strip in the end

You assume correctly.

The Reverand Me
May 12, 2007
Let's make Gravy!
Fisto and that ghoul dominatrix

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

The Reverand Me posted:

Fisto and that ghoul dominatrix

:hmmyes:

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
You know when you leave Goodsprings going south towards Primm and there's like a dozen geckos running around on their hind legs scattering left and right for no good reason? It's them they're the best guys.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

FlocksOfMice posted:

You know when you leave Goodsprings going south towards Primm and there's like a dozen geckos running around on their hind legs scattering left and right for no good reason? It's them they're the best guys.

The geckos are too drat cute to be threatening. It's especially adorable when they put their hands over their heads when you shoot them. I tried looking for screenshots but somebody thought the same thing as me and decided to make them more intimidating.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

for sure, but it's also a shame he doesnt really give a poo poo about people, just the idea of them. i mean what kind of psycho bombs vault dwellers in their own home, allows the oversight of employees butchering and serving customers, etc. he wants to get us to the moon again but loving why? in the end he's the safest option for vegas and "people", but it'd sure be nice if he looked down from his tower every once in awhile.

i guess you could roleplay your courier as handling middle management? i dont remember what can happen to your guy if you go with house

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

je sawyer is such a good writer man.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

Valko posted:

The geckos are too drat cute to be threatening. It's especially adorable when they put their hands over their heads when you shoot them. I tried looking for screenshots but somebody thought the same thing as me and decided to make them more intimidating.

I've killed eighty thousand of these fuckers and never realized they could carry things in their hands. Next you're gonna tell me that cazadores read bedtime stories to their larva

JustCallMeDC
Aug 12, 2023

Obey the Lamb
Obey the Lamb
Obey the Lamb

Icochet posted:

I've killed eighty thousand of these fuckers and never realized they could carry things in their hands. Next you're gonna tell me that cazadores read bedtime stories to their larva

Pretty sure that's a mod

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

FlocksOfMice posted:

:hmmyes:

One day their god(zillz) will return and they shall rule New Vegas with their adorable claws once again!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Too bad the intelligent deathclaws are all dead/non-canon

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

Mooktastical posted:

Keeping the dam would actually be pretty awful for the NCR. Their resources are stretched thin as-is, so having this huge settlement so far from Shady sands would stretch their already shaky supply lines to the breaking point. Their BoS-like obsession with maintaining the institutions of the old world is terrible, and doomed to eventual failure.

Presto posted:

The NCR is weak and corrupt from over expansion and needs a period of consolidation. Handing the Mojave to them is just going to make everything worse.

The NCR route isn't actually one that I've done before, and I really like the idea that these concepts which are presented in the story as political views from various characters, are just the bickering complaints of right wing morons in rural areas of the country rather than absolute truth presented by the storyteller.

I'm due for a new playthrough of New Vegas and this is the sneering coastal liberal attitude I want to bring into it: Oh, goverment overspending will be the doom of us all? Right on, I'm sure libertarianism will do you all far better.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
lmfao I forgot about the absolute dogshit performance Matthew Perry puts on in this game

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

What in the goddamn...?

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Space Kablooey posted:

tbh i wouldn't have minded a "nobody" option: sabotage the NCR, kill Caesar, sever House's control, blow up the BoS, drive the Khans away, and you just walk away

Dont forget to bring back cannibalism for the white glove society, help the omertas arm up, and nuke both the NCR and the legion at the end of lonesome road

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
They did originally consider allowing you just to leave the Mojave at the NCR base at the edge of the map where all the trading caravans were backed up.

Like I get why they didn't end up doing it, but still think it would of been a great choice to let the player make. Just either a gently caress them all, or I chose not to make a choice, or what ever other reason a player may decide that's the best option. Seems like a good alternative for The Yes Man ending.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
I like the NCR, partly just for their flag

It's like the California flag but weird! I have a hoodie with the flag on the back, it's fun

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

poverty goat posted:

Dont forget to bring back cannibalism for the white glove society, help the omertas arm up, and nuke both the NCR and the legion at the end of lonesome road

:yeah: to this except for letting the white glove society go on. Even I have standards.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Beartaco posted:

lmfao I forgot about the absolute dogshit performance Matthew Perry puts on in this game

Which is weird cause it sounds like he actually wanted the gig. Just isn't good at it lol

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Khanstant posted:

Which is weird cause it sounds like he actually wanted the gig. Just isn't good at it lol

ring a ding DING

Kris Kristofferson phoning it in smoking a joint was better lmao

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

just fuckin lol if you think he didnt nail benny 100%

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

shaking my drat head while from out my holster appears Maria

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Boomers were fun, especially because each time I'd arrive at their gates I'd have like several broken, mangled limbs. Now with older, wizened eyes i think less of them because the crazy isolation would be hell on my dating life.

As far as major factions go, Independent with Yes Man seems best since that allows me to rewrite an equitable american society in my head. NPR was my first choice when I first beat the game. I thought they were nice enough until they made me obliterate BoS. I couldn't weasel my way out of having the NCR avoid them, they absolutely wanted them dead. So it just felt like weird flawed america again.

cumpantry posted:

shaking my drat head while from out my holster appears Maria

does your tails avatar have a butthole or is that just an unfortunate pixel placement

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
It is The Kings, op.

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

GolfHole posted:

pax romana the actual one was a period of relative prosperity wherein countless individual towns and cities were capable of flourishing since there were no nearby enemies to fight and every road is heavily travelled and open for trade

the pax romana they portray in new vegas is more like a scorched earth where nothing exists except debased merchants and sex farms. its not even attractive to consider. only caesar claims it to be a shining example of the legion's protection. he's also basically rush limbaugh so that tracks.

"To ravage, to slaughter, to usurp under false titles, they call empire; and where they make a desert, they call it peace." Calgacus, Celtic chieftain, on the Pax Romana (paraphrased by Tacitus)

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

that's it i'm doing a Calgacus runthrough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

GolfHole posted:

that's it i'm doing a Calgacus runthrough

:sickos: