Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

It's a cellphone game so you know it's going to be really good.

https://warcraftrumble.blizzard.com/en-us/

I trust you General Bullshit to understand how awesome this is going to be. Don't let me down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Mr.Acula posted:

This was announced a long time ago

Why would you admit to knowing that?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Grey Cat posted:

gently caress blizzard, next.

Better get while the getting is good as global warming is going to ruin it.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Private Cumshoe posted:

Has anyone even played a phone game?

Can a compulsion be considered playing?

great big cardboard tube posted:

Why did you post this? Everyone already knows the poo poo they're doing on mobile with Diablo Immortal and knew much more was coming. Is there any reason I should care about this?

To get more Something Awful points. Not to be confused with Something Awful tokens, which are different than SAbucks. It's very simple.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Ok so it's literally just they kept doing the thing they already did and said they would continue doing. They suck I just don't think it needed a thread or further discussion :shrug:

I was hoping there was something special about it

Wow thanks for this post otherwise I wouldn't know that poo poo will continue to be poo poo and we should not discuss the poo poo thing. Lol.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

If you had any faith in blizzard before they announced this, the dummy is you. It's the exact same poo poo they have already been doing and have literally told the public they will continue to do. So I don't find it very interesting. I guess talk amongst yourselves if you're shocked and I'll leave you to it and gently caress off elsewhere

I too keep posting in threads that I find the topic boring. Wait no I don't because that's a weird thing to do and I'm a super cool and not weird person.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Oct 4, 2023

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

pencilhands posted:

then all the articles right after saying the gamers were entitled and racist for not liking it

I can absolutely approve of open disgust towards gamers but you can do that without being an industry suck up.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Oct 5, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

biznatchio posted:

As much as I'd like to hope it'll flop; it won't. It'll be profitable because there are enough lookyloo WoW fans who will download it and give it a try to give it a boost up the Top Downloaded Apps lists where it'll get visibility to people not in the Blizzard Bubble, and at that point the IP attached to it doesn't really matter.

Really the only way it fails to turn a profit is if they just completely get the balance of gameplay versus ruthlessly exploiting the users for money wrong -- which is actually not totally outside the realm of possibility if it came to Blizzard alone; but the experts at King will have had their fingers in this and most likely kept things on track enough to make a game that'll hook in some whales.

I'm not sure a company like Blizzard could make a non profitable game. No matter how bad it is. No matter how exploitive it is. No matter how much they abuse their employees. No matter how much they show disdain for their customers. It doesn't matter and they know it.