Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
Is this game procedurally generated, or is it the same every run?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
1) This game reminds me visually of Minecraft, which I don't like, but at least it has gameplay and isn't a futile diamond-hunting sandbox.

2) The carrot with the eyeball was some very creepy, creative monster design.

3) If the character called Astley doesn't eventually rickroll you, the designers are twats.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Pierzak posted:

Yes, enabling a given assist is permanent. Some scalable assists can be adjusted back to standard game values, some just give you an option and are irrelevant unless you actually use said option (like enabling difficulty change mid-game), some are set in stone once turned on.

I think it's just to keep you honest w/r/t achievements and such, though I'd still prefer having a "Has enabled assists" tag in the savegame for that.

I would probably enable Max on Level up. It's always been a grumble of mine with RPGs where stats are random on level up, which is just begging people to reload. BG is known for this, and also the wizardry games.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

PurpleXVI posted:

Oh no no, it's not "Max On Level Up" it's just "Max Level Up," i.e. the highest possible level is increased. I believe the default is 80. As far as I know all stat increases on level up are deterministic and decided by your primary class at level up, and there's an option later in the game to "reroll" them to match alternate classes if you want to make someone who did all their levelling as Punchmaster work as a Spellman instead.

That's not bad either. I've always hated random level ups because they encourage save-scumming, and I'm glad to hear that they are deterministic even though class-based stat increases have their own... foibles. I always liked the Might & Magic system where everything was simple arithmetic, and if there was a stat increase it was fully retroactive.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Black Robe posted:

also a missed opportunity to put a duck in the Dark Wing.

Sounds a bit dangerous