Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
I will say that the platforming is ny far my least favorite aspect of this game. Beyond that it's a really RPG and I'm looking forward to this LP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
A, more classes means more toys to play with!

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
Oh, and one tidbit I'd like to add: although Warrior's skills being weapon agnostic does make them a versatile subclass option, they'll still run primarily off of strength, so a lot of non-strength based classes won't get the full damage potential out of the skillset. The debuffs can still be useful, but a lot of them can also be applied by other classes too.

Edit: although almost everyone benefits from the stances! A rogue just needs Berserk stance and they can deal some massive threat-free hits! Every physical class can make a strong case for slotting in Warrior subclass just for Berserk, at least early on until more options open up.

IthilionTheBrave fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Oct 9, 2023

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
Another perk to Mixed Magic is the status cure spell, Remedy, having a small heal attached. It's not major and single target only, but still a nice deal and has a nice synergy down the road from another class.

That and dual cast having drastically reduced cost makes Warlocks surprisingly solid supports and healers who can pitch in more specialized roles depending in subclass.

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
Hmmm.. let's go with A. Fancy stabbings and DoTs abound!

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
B, we may as well start collecting blue magic sooner rather than later. From what I recall it's very Final Fantasy in that there's a lot of ridiculous abilities you can learn, in both good ways, bad ways, and weird ways.

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
The game is GOOD, especially from a party planning/mechanical standpoint. If you were a fan of FF5 then this game is a good match in that front. The platforming focus is the big iffy point, and what keeps me from really enjoying it to the fullest extent. It makes me wish there was adjustable platforming difficulty options, such as not falling off platforms unless I jump/hold another button, to go along with the exp/gold/LP adjusting options.

But if you like platforming or otherwise have a strong tolerance for it and liked FF5, this game is practically tailor made for you. Well, that and if you like exploring/meandering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
Can confirm that the three weirdos will gently caress you up if you're stingy or poor yourself. They all launch an attack before running. I was broke my first time though and had a bad time in the undercity.