Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I really liked Ninja because it confirmed to me that the dev definitely played FFXI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

In my playthrough I found Beatsmith to hit hard enough that it was worth giving up control of the character. I wound up planning most of my party comps around one as my main source of damage :v:

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I'm sure you'll show it in your next Shoudu update but there is a house in the bottom west of the zone that I never loving figured out how to get into it and the chest inside and it haunts me.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Thank you for giving me closure on that chest in Shoudu.

Also: Slip Glide Ride theme :slick:

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I remember using Nomad a lot but I don't remember why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Olesh posted:

One thing I always appreciate about Crystal Project is how much people vary in their takes on different classes/abilities based on the synergies/playstyles they prefer. For me, I used Beastmaster (combined with a later class we haven't seen yet) as a flame clearer, and generally used Nomad extensively, paired with Warlock or Dervish. Nomad, in particular, has a fun trick with staff weapons that replace the basic attack with Aid. This functions similarly to the Healing Staff from FFV, where your basic attack becomes a free single-target heal. This is still treated as a basic attack, so it benefits from the 35% boost, and is also valid for Therapy Stance, meaning you can spam modest party-wide healing for free while also generating AP. More generally, Nomad naturally synergizes well as a secondary to Dervish to create a caster with an extremely large replenishing battery to support a more defensive endurance-based strategy. You can equip Staffs (for the Aid trick, as above) or Wands (for more damage) or even just take the native Book option from Dervish to really push the "never runs out of MP" gimmick.

Lol, awesome. I'm pretty sure I never found any cool strats like this and just brute forced everything by stacking every debuff on the enemy and buff on my party