Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
the magic have not been able to really punish these zion as single big lineups, which is shocking because of how much size they always have on the floor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
pels lost the plot in the second quarter. some of them look gassed. (mainly zion)

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I had no idea Thomas Bryant ended up on Miami but it's a nice fit.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
pels having a brass band for the halftime of a preseason game is just wonderful for me

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Rick posted:

I had no idea Thomas Bryant ended up on Miami but it's a nice fit.

they didnt make any big moves but the stuff they did just Made Sense. he's going to take a lot of nice passes from dudes and finish them and not look like a complete loser inside a zone

kyle lowry/dru smith as a PG duo is terrifying. gotta hope there's some help coming there. but ive got a lot more faith in Haywood Highsmith contributing good minutes this year than I did before the playoffs last year

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
The Pels big-bigs depth is poor. It's Jonas and Cody Zeller. They have small ball bigs in Zion and Nance and hopeful about EJ Liddell, Trey Murphy, and Dyson Daniels as small bigs. I'm not thrilled with this. Although it's not like they had it good last season with Hernangomez and Hayes as their Jonas backups.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I wish UCLA-Only Lakers fans weren't being such babies about not drafting Jaquez because then I would just ignore him like most rookies but now I'm just staring at him being out of position literally every play and being happy about it.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
After one preseason game I’m much more optimistic about the Hornets starters but good lord they’re thin beyond that. Getting Bridges back from suspension will help, but I have no idea how they’re going to stagger the rotation or handle even a single injury

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

morestuff posted:

After one preseason game I’m much more optimistic about the Hornets starters but good lord their thin beyond that. Getting Bridges back from suspension will help, but I have no idea how they’re going to stagger the rotation or handle even a single injury

I hear ya. I don't know how the Pels depth will look. They are sitting probably their top 4 bench players tonight because of injury (Murphy, Nance, Jose, and Zeller).

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

morestuff posted:

After one preseason game I’m much more optimistic about the Hornets starters but good lord they’re thin beyond that. Getting Bridges back from suspension will help, but I have no idea how they’re going to stagger the rotation or handle even a single injury

yo who is the dude who looks like skin-n-bones Post Malone, #22

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
game too fast for Hawkins right now

runaway pancake
Dec 13, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

Gravy Boat 2k
suns are cowards

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Aye Doc posted:

yo who is the dude who looks like skin-n-bones Post Malone, #22

RJ Hunter

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

morestuff posted:

Yeah when I was recording ~my podcast~ today on them I went into it ready to just poo poo on them, but when i was looking over the starting lineup I ended up pivoting and being a lot more positive on them.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
I feel like DeAndre Jordan's probably got a pretty good life going these days

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Are they really not airing the Blazers game anywhere

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat

morestuff posted:

https://ripcityradio.iheart.com/ not televised in US, unfortunately

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

morestuff posted:

I went to the game, here are my thoughts:

Scoot is our best player
Camara is the next Scottie Pippen

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
This is the most locked in I've seen D'Angelo in a while but well preseason means about nothing.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

God I hope these Hornets starters can finally stay healthy

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
20 turnovers by the Pels in the first half. They playing so slow on both ends that it’s looking like a walk through. Not even a scrimmage.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Brandon Miller looked good next to the starters but the scouting report basically looks spot on, he's struggling to turn the corner against defenders because his first step isn't great and his handle is a little too loose. I still think he has decent odds to get there on craft in a few years, kind of glad he's got Gordon Hayward to sit behind and learn from this year

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Cam Whitmore is a bucket getter

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

nurkic is +27 at the half with 17 points and ayton is -18 with 5 points. presented without comment.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Classy move by Dame to not take all the lovely Portland defense with him, watching the new guys carry his legacy without missing a beat is like putting on a comfortable sweater.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Highlight of this game probably Kevin Calabro accidently referring to Drew Eubanks as the Trout of Shaqdale

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

rivetz posted:

Highlight of this game probably Kevin Calabro accidently referring to Drew Eubanks as the Trout of Shaqdale

Travis Outlaw reference scoring you a 1% on NBA Immaculate Grid somehow.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/Anthony_Chiang/status/1712961905927594206

jamal cain about to fuckin Get That poo poo

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

this is certainly going to be a preseason basketball game in the National Basketball Association

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Winning fantasy basketball team lineup from like December 2020 when half the league was out for covid protocols.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

are either of the champagnie bros good at ballin

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

duncan robinson you fuckin SUCK

glad these games are here to let me practice the posts ill be making in the heart of the season

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Wembanyama nearly finished that reverse oop :eyepop:

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Jesus he certainly finished that one

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Dru Smith is a good baller name though

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Aye Doc posted:

are either of the champagnie bros good at ballin

the answer to this was a resounding No

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

the heat have an endless supply of 6'7" white guys who only know how to shoot 3s and not necessarily well

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Doc Rivers voice not making it through 82 games

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

ahem. Lakers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Please someone tell Glen it’s Rui not Rudy