Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Thank goodness for stu and bill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

CP3 diving in a preseason game…

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

fudge looks lost

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Rudy Gay out there in the last five minutes of a preseason was very sad. I know ]dudes say they ain't leaving until someone rips the jersey off but man. . .

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
It’s felt like he’s missed a bunch but I guess he’s made more than I thought:

https://twitter.com/FearTheBrown/status/1713314095405896075?s=20

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

knicks games are unwatchable garbage

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Anfernee Simons is balln' 18 points, 7/7 in first quarter.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Aye Doc posted:

knicks games are unwatchable garbage

It’s strategy. Teams can’t watch film on you if they can’t stand to watch your games.

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

Stealing your favourite hockey teams
...in spirit.
This Toronto - Cairns game is… more then a little lopsided. Not sure I understand the point of this one.

Edit: I think maybe this is proven by them running an interview on flopping and rule changes for the first 5 minutes of the second quarter instead of focussing on the currently 47-22 game.

Wippersnapper fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Oct 15, 2023

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Forgot how much i hated the hornets announcer guy. Keyontae johnson is not good, as well

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Heads up play by Nathan Mensa

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Blown layup by jeremiah robinson earl, a guy who has been on the thunder for either one or one hundred years

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Wonder how long until seeing Dame in a Buck jersey stops being weird

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

jamal cain gotta make the roster man, after this and the san antonio game how can you deny the greatest hooper from Pontiac, Michigan

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Going by one half of a preseason game: dame is rear end.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I thought Richard Jefferson started out decent but man every ESPN announcer ends up awful by their third year if they were ever good to start. Has to be something in how it's produced.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Rick posted:

I thought Richard Jefferson started out decent but man every ESPN announcer ends up awful by their third year if they were ever good to start. Has to be something in how it's produced.

I think it's just they use up their collection of interesting stories and useful insights. Then they aren't in the game anymore so they can't really refresh any of that unless you want to hear about golf or kitchen remodels or whatever. The majority of good color commentators have a shelf life of just a few years. It's harsh but they should probably just rotate through em and toss em when they start getting stale.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
You would think with as many freak injuries as the Warriors have had they would not have rotation players out there in second half of the fourth quarter of a preseason game but he does this poo poo every drat preseason game.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Lockback posted:

I think it's just they use up their collection of interesting stories and useful insights. Then they aren't in the game anymore so they can't really refresh any of that unless you want to hear about golf or kitchen remodels or whatever. The majority of good color commentators have a shelf life of just a few years. It's harsh but they should probably just rotate through em and toss em when they start getting stale.

Yeah I think you're right here.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Preseasons games should just end in a tie if tied.

runaway pancake
Dec 13, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

Gravy Boat 2k

Rick posted:

his "let me tell you why youre wrong" shtick doesnt work well on TV

he'd be a great SAS poster though

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

temple posted:

Going by one half of a preseason game: dame is rear end.

He's probably not but boy would it be funny

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
paul reed looks great

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Rick posted:

Rudy Gay out there in the last five minutes of a preseason was very sad. I know ]dudes say they ain't leaving until someone rips the jersey off but man. . .

On a scale of 1 to "Jamal Crawford on the T-Wolves," how bad is it?

runaway pancake
Dec 13, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

Gravy Boat 2k
ben simmons is Back

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Blazers are sitting their veterans and playing exclusively 2-3 zone and have 16 fouls and 15 turnovers in 18 minutes.

Gonna be a long season.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

maruhkati posted:

On a scale of 1 to "Jamal Crawford on the T-Wolves," how bad is it?

Less bad as that just because Rudy Gay still can act as a big traffic cone for defenders to go around.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Mean Baby posted:

Blazers are sitting their veterans and playing exclusively 2-3 zone and have 16 fouls and 15 turnovers in 18 minutes.

Gonna be a long season.

A 2-3 zone without people who can play it )= )-= )=

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Rick posted:

A 2-3 zone without people who can play it )= )-= )=

Yeah - I get the logic though. These young guys need to learn different sets. However, the 2-3 zone hasn't worked in the 3 years Billups has been coach here.

On the bright side, Camara, Duop, and Sharpe look pretty good.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Who woulda thought the suns with their full roster would look this good against a team of gleaguers.

Regardless I am so pumped for this teams offense in the regular season. It’s gonna be nuts

temple
Jul 29, 2006

runaway pancake posted:

ben simmons is Back
a second fadeaway has hit brooklyn

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Who woulda thought the suns with their full roster would look this good against a team of gleaguers.

Regardless I am so pumped for this teams offense in the regular season. It’s gonna be nuts

no chris paul means success fyi

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Zion played basketball. Did good.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/NBCSBulls/status/1714459018851184819

Some might say there's no reason to get this hype over a preseason play, to which I say: Da Bulls

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

xbilkis posted:

Some might say there's no reason to get this hype over a preseason play, to which I say: Da Bulls

That kind of play should somehow be carried over to the regular season.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Zion had 5 steals in the 16 minutes he played tonight.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Kibner posted:

Zion had 5 steals in the 16 minutes he played tonight.

His acolytes are also really good at stealing things.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

toggle posted:

no chris paul means success fyi

no team chris paul has ever left has ever gotten anything but dramatically worse, immediately

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

xbilkis posted:

imagine thinking the Sixers won't win the finals after watching this five times a day for the last week
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRfC0_b-EUI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Spurs going with the no-PG starting lineup

Shortest guys are devin vassell and keldon johnson at 6'5" lol