Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Pancreatic cancer is nearly always a death sentence. Even if you have the treatable kind and do all the things, the average prognosis is you get another 5 years. He wasn't exactly smart to do fruit juice instead of chemo, but it may not have made that big a difference in the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

honey, oh please, it's just a machine

Sagebrush posted:

Pancreatic cancer is nearly always a death sentence. Even if you have the treatable kind and do all the things, the average prognosis is you get another 5 years. He wasn't exactly smart to do fruit juice instead of chemo, but it may not have made that big a difference in the end.

what the hell are you talking about lol

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

he literally thought he was too special to die

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

my homie dhall posted:

my man sage brush is right

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

nothing makes that big a difference in the end if you think about it

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

steve jobs was way too vain to risk living with a colostomy bag

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

qirex posted:

steve jobs was way too vain to risk living with a colostomy bag

too bad because he would have revolutionized it

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

my homie dhall posted:

Talking about how pancreatic cancer works?

My dad had it, late stage, they gave him 6 months, he did all the chemo and everything, lived a year.

A friend's mom had it, early stage, she did all the chemo and everything, it went into remission, she lived 3 years then it came back and she died in a month.

Uncle had it, discovered it one thanksgiving, super late stage, don't know the details of his treatment, died before the spring.

Steve Jobs had reportedly the most treatable kind, did whatever poo poo he did and hosed around, lived eight years(!), then died.

That's the prognosis. It's one of the most lethal cancers and if you live five years after diagnosis, irrespective of the actions you take, you're beating the odds.

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Oct 13, 2023

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

no offense here s-brush, but it sounds like whatever steve did worked better than most

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Cat Face Joe posted:

no offense here s-brush, but it sounds like whatever steve did worked better than most

if it did then we wouldn't be posting in this thread

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
it's the untreated ligma that I'm posting about

JAnon
Jul 16, 2023

loving stupid-rear end gen X hippie dipshit thought he could beat cancer by pouring NAKED™ juice into his rear end in a top hat.

JAnon
Jul 16, 2023

fart simpson posted:

whos stebe jobs?

LIGMA BALLS.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

JAnon posted:

loving stupid-rear end gen X hippie dipshit thought he could beat cancer by pouring NAKED™ juice into his rear end in a top hat.

could he? did it work?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
there was once a website called rear end smothies and steve jobs was apparently a fan

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

steve, thank you for the iphone

it allows me to bully my peasant cousins in the 3rd world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
can’t we just give our old iphone 4s to the third world