Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Game fairly good, it's easy to get stuck in a rut though. I keep having issues with hitting high quasimorph levels on the longer runs, need to stock up on booze and morphine somehow. It does scratch a big itch for a good singleplayer extraction game, similar to Zero Sievert.

I did find that you can save a lot of time and ammo just by shooting someone and walking away. They bleed out just like you do so often they can just die entirely like that. Or set the room on fire.

I'd put out these tips to people playing fresh, I've done about 8 hours now:

1. Infection only matters if you hit 100%, if you can heal your wound before then it'll go away. Also specialized items can give bonuses to heal rate but any piece of cloth can at least stabilize it.
2. You can make infection lowering items for free on your ship's crafting menu.
3. The movement system isn't explained well. You can sneak, walk, and run. Each level trades caloric burn for actions per turn, which means that moving slow keeps your calories up. There's an update coming soon that is going to overhaul this.
4. Melee works better than it seems like it would, although I don't usually dedicate a slot to it.
5. You can evacuate early a lot of times, which is what you should do if you get a special item/class chip.
6. The character that you pick for your clone is actually pretty important, they all have their own stats and special perks, such as being immune to infection and slower calorie burn.

Popete posted:

There is a stock market in the game where you can invest in the various corporations/factions but I do not understand what it actually does.

It's a representation of each corp's power level, not something you directly trade with. As their power increases you can get better rewards for them. If you click on their section it'll show you the availible items as well as a percentage, which is your chance of receiving it from either doing missions or by trading items with them at stations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Your Computer posted:

why'd they rename it from quasimorphosis exordium

Maximum of one weird word per title