Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Making enough money to beat the system does mean she can lol at anyone who tries to look down on her for lacking traditional intelligence, yeh

She may be dumb but she's not stuck in a dead-end job until she dies so, who is the real idiot? 'Haha she doesn't know her state capitals' you chuckle, as you write another capitulating email to your boss.

Improbable Lobster posted:

You shouldn't let a celebrity existing make you feel inadequate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

teen witch posted:

I forgot how loving weird mainstream culture was to Chelsea as a child, as we were with the Obama girls (and Michelle Obama! Still!). Are we ever going to reckon with that or no?

Best I can offer is a different kind of weird as they are now treated as dynastic heirs.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
The thing that annoys me the most about the Monica Lewinsky thing is that if you went back in time and raised all the still equally accurate and valid points that seems so shockingly obvious now when it was actually happening, no one would listen. To most everyone, it was all jokes at her expense and getting all of the negativity of it (it really didn't affected Bill in any way in the long run), and if you brought up at the VERY LEAST the severe power imbalance, let alone Bill likely being a legit sexual predator who got off on said power imbalance, people would probably just either look at you baffled or ask why you're defending 'the whore'.

Perhaps the most teeth grinding thing about the past is when you look at it and realize the phrase "They just are/were not ready." is accurate to a T.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
that whole clique got owned hard
clinton: original metoo
hilary: failaids cuck
epstine: strangled
jizzlane: lifer probably murdered eventually
andrew: worlds most famous pedo
trump: being ruined
melania: a hooer who had to gently caress trump

032824_2
Mar 28, 2024

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Mar 28, 2024

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Carlos Lantana posted:

that whole clique got owned hard
clinton: original metoo
hilary: failaids cuck
epstine: strangled
jizzlane: lifer probably murdered eventually
andrew: worlds most famous pedo
trump: being ruined
melania: a hooer who had to gently caress trump

is this like carl from ATHF account?

Cornwind Evil posted:

The thing that annoys me the most about the Monica Lewinsky thing is that if you went back in time and raised all the still equally accurate and valid points that seems so shockingly obvious now when it was actually happening, no one would listen. To most everyone, it was all jokes at her expense and getting all of the negativity of it (it really didn't affected Bill in any way in the long run), and if you brought up at the VERY LEAST the severe power imbalance, let alone Bill likely being a legit sexual predator who got off on said power imbalance, people would probably just either look at you baffled or ask why you're defending 'the whore'.

Perhaps the most teeth grinding thing about the past is when you look at it and realize the phrase "They just are/were not ready." is accurate to a T.

this. america was a much much more social conservative mainstream culture. it didnt really start flipping until obama and even then mostly second term.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

this. america was a much much more social conservative mainstream culture. it didnt really start flipping until obama and even then mostly second term.

That's also around the time that everyone got a smart phone and access to social media. People that never had a voice before suddenly had one and that makes some people really angry. Just look at Twitter and the Arab Spring.

naem
May 29, 2011

Bonzo posted:

That's also around the time that everyone got a smart phone and access to social media. People that never had a voice before suddenly had one and that makes some people really angry. Just look at Twitter and the Arab Spring.

a lot of people seem to need to feel they have it better than others, their view of society is entirely based on subjugation of a perceived less than group and they are terrified and furious at the thought they might be at the bottom of that imaginary pile

that mental bubble they try to live in ignorantly gets popped easily by “other people existing”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

there’s nothing wrong with being dumb if you are not wilfully ignorant and are not an rear end in a top hat. there’s also no reason to resent attractive or successful people prima facie. namaste