Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
I mean, why would he finish them now? We all know the end now and it's not very good. It's possible that he could try to retell it in such a way that people accept it, but that's a really hard sell.

If he never finishes the books, the terrible ending can be attributed to the show runners and GRRM can avoid criticism. He'd rather be the writer who never got around to it, than the writer who tossed out all his good will from fans with a lovely ending.

Legit the only reason he should finish the book series is if he decides to change the ending.

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Oct 17, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
All her poo poo ends up in Marshalls nowadays anyway lollll

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
I regret to inform you that by his blurbs, it's very clear that Richard Ayaode knows what Lineham has been up to and read the book. He is quoted as saying it's an 'extraordinary and chilling portrayal of cancel culture'.

Unfortunately, Richard has milkshake ducked.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
i mean, that's a play with fire, get burned situation. if your position becomes indistinguishable from an rear end in a top hat, surprise - you now are the rear end in a top hat too (or at least helping spread the assholes message)

making jokes is about taking risks and accepting that some jokes won't hit and when they don't, well, that's on you bro. you failed at the joke. he failed so bad at it, he failed right outta his career.

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Oct 18, 2023

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
yeh but I saw him recently and got really worried. he guest-judged an episode of boulet bros with his daughter and i wasn't prepared for him looking so strained. no don't get old and die kevin smith :(

https://www.instagram.com/bouletbrothersdragula/p/C1AgEhaypgH/

but a tiny man among giants

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Mar 9, 2024

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Yeah, I googled what happened when I saw him bc I could tell he'd been through some poo poo. His face aged really quickly from surviving the near-death experience and I wasn't prepared for it.

I love how his daughter and The Boulets tower over him and kinda wanna see a series of pictures of Kevin Smith next to drag queens now. Them, confident, glowing, goddess-like, and him just bein' his tiny goofy self there.

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Mar 9, 2024

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Tree Bucket posted:

Is Will Smith a scientologist now? I'm sure I heard that somewhere.

Oh yeah for a while now, Jada too. They opened a school and it was just a Scientology school.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

emSparkly posted:

The only Connery movie you need to see is that 1 minute section of the one where he says “you’re the man now dog”

That's Finding Forrester, the one where Connery does a JD Salinger impression and teaches a young black boy to write. So let that soak in while you wince.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Yeah that's a clipped comedy explanation to make the ytmnd scene have context, Jamal did have talent. Here let's clarify: Good Will Hunting but with Sean Connery doing a Salinger impression at a black teenager.

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Mar 25, 2024

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

hawowanlawow posted:

yeah making money is what makes someone not stupid

Making enough money to beat the system does mean she can lol at anyone who tries to look down on her for lacking traditional intelligence, yeh

She may be dumb but she's not stuck in a dead-end job until she dies so, who is the real idiot? 'Haha she doesn't know her state capitals' you chuckle, as you write another capitulating email to your boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

teen witch posted:

I will ride or die for Anna Nicole, she deserved so much better.

Slightly related, I follow Monica Lewinsky on Instagram and she’s living a more peaceful life. Kind of makes me think of if I had an older sister. I didn’t realize until recently how YOUNG she was when all that poo poo went down. Early 20s. I don’t know how she endured everyone in the country, all at once, having a very specific opinion about her, personally.

OMG listening to her tell her side of the Bill Clinton story is heartbreaking. She was such a baby, she seriously thought he loved her. Like seriously thought he'd leave Hilary for her. He was such a loving creepy predator, going after these late teen/early 20-somethings who would be dazzled by getting attention from a man whose time was seen as incredibly valuable, and he knew that.

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Mar 28, 2024