Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Konar posted:

When Kanye did "George Bush doesn't care about black people" during Katrina, I think it weirdly signaled the end of Mike Myers' (who was standing next to him during the Katrina aid news show thing) leading funny man career

That or The Love Guru.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

The Baroness Thatcher would have never done anything so undignified.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

You know McLean, MASH is great. But it’s an ensemble. I have a handful of great scripts about a hardware store owner, a conservative priest with a wacky progressive nun, and a radio host single dad. Any of these will be a huge hit with your name attached.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Bonzo posted:

Me and some friends went and saw it opening weekend. Only real nerds had the internet back then so this was our only way to see Jesse naked.

But as the movie went on, you could tell everyone was very confused. Is this camp? Is it just bad? I mean, she's naked and all but...I just want to laugh.

If it had been Kelly Kapowski naked it would have made more money than Avatar.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

MrQwerty posted:

Yeah but nobody ever mentioned when Marv Albert's poo poo broke

Downgrading from the Knicks to the Nets wasn’t exactly just punishment for sexually assaulting a woman. Creepy gently caress.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

YeahTubaMike posted:

Wasn't her career death because her nose was part of her "unique" look and having a nose job just made her look average/boring?

It got her a role in the highly successful and popular LA take on Seinfeld, It’s Like You Know.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Gatto Grigio posted:

Speaking of pro wrestling and career-ending fails… how about that Hulk Hogan sex tape?

Got enough Gawker millions to last him two lifetimes, brother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Gatto Grigio posted:

*sigh*

Ok, the sad truth about most of these “celebrity career fails” is that said celebrity still ends up with more wealth and privilege than any of us will see in out lifetimes because we live in a failing system.

Pointing that out just makes you a killjoy.

Take heart in knowing the Church of Scientology will suck every dime out of his pockets, leaving him to have to hustle $50 wrestling belt pictures with customers at Hogan’s Hangout soon enough.