Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

A Fancy Hat posted:

Armie Hammer and the cannibalism allegations.

This was a guy who kept showing up in movies, even after having bombs like The Lone Ranger. Some casting director or producer really likes him, despite him being the most mediocre white guy imaginable. He was currently attached to like a half dozen projects when abuse allegations came out against him. And I honestly think he would have skirted past them like so many do, except for all the cannibalism stuff.

It’s just so weird and saying stuff like “Did you hear Armie Hammer wants to eat people?” sticks with you in such a way that I think he’s gonna be seen as poisonous to any creative project.

Russell Brand had a similar trajectory of unearned Hollywood fame. Here was this British comedian who showed up in Hollywood and kept appearing in movie after movie for some time. "Oh boy! A new Russell Brand film! He's the best!!", said no one ever causing his live action movie career to eventually stagnate, so he switched to voice acting for a few movies before burning out.

Then the pandemic happened and it broke his brain and he became a rabid conspiracy theorist and Covid denier. He was also a huge sexual predator and rapist during his career with multiple proven examples and allegations against him and he should have never had a career to begin with.

gently caress Russell Brand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I remember my sister was taking nighttime college courses and asked me to tape an episode of a show called Sister Kate because Milli Vanilli was going to appear on it and she didn’t want to miss it, so I recorded it for her.

quote:

Rob Pilatus and Fabrice Morvan appeared as Milli Vanilli in the January 7, 1990 episode "Eugene's Feat", speaking a few lines in their natural voices before (what was later revealed to be) lip-synching their hit "Blame It on the Rain".

The show only lasted 19 episodes before it was cancelled, and not too many people even remember it, but I do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEVmTGmD5vQ