Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Sure sounds like a sincere apology to me, and not at all a "please don't fire me from my job" apology

And let's see just what it was that he said that caused all this controversy in the first place:

Yep, looks like some harmless ol' shitposting to me, and most certainly not the angry rantings of someone who's truly a racist piece of poo poo

He done goofed. The south is racist as the day is long, but you don't talk poo poo about Dolly.

Even my gently caress-rear end hillbilly extended fam will turn a blind eye to her being "libral" because she's done so much for the state of Tennessee. I'm dead serious when I say that she's essentially beatified as the patron saint of the state, and gently caress if they don't need it. Tons of kids can read because of Dolly.

She ain't perfect, but she does seem to understand how goddamned lucky she is. Even if she's only half decent as she seems, she's head and shoulders above a lot of us.

Edit: Like, gently caress, man, if you work at Dollywood in any capacity (full or part time), you've got college tuition covered.
https://www.dollywood.com/jobs/benefits/growu/

Who the gently caress comes after someone like that?

DicktheCat fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Oct 18, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I enjoy the capitalization of random nouns. Really sells me on this being a member of a superior class of being as oppose to the illiterate and uneducated mongrels.

He could have used help from Dolly's literacy campaign.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

ProperCauldron posted:

Tabloids also had her pinned as a woman with a weight problem bc she was like 140 lbs or something.

To this day, I feel slight panic when my scale comes up that number, specifically because of how prevalent this was during the time. It doesn't matter that my doctors have said my weight is perfectly healthy, or that I look better than I ever have.

The omnipresent radiation of misogyny was (and is) insane. I remember tabloids running stories about possible cellulite on the hottest women imaginable, and thinking "if they're not good enough, what hope do I have?" as a loving middle schooler.

But, you know, drag queens reading storybooks is what's hurting kids and their views of themselves, obviously. :V