Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

well why not posted:

I figure he’s a theatre kid that just Loves To Perform so he’ll show up in like, Criminal Minds or something to scratch the itch.

Or he is below-Cage levels of financially irresponsible.

Every time I see an interview with him he discusses poo poo with like actual book work and analysis of his characters and how they work with the story which you do not usually see with big film stars who will usually have no process or some weird fused together hodgepodge that they picked up to seem more artsy.

Dude loves the theatre. It’s in his bones.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he pays to show up in some of the stuff he does like the creator of Everybody loves Raymond in the episode of 30 rock where they’re trying to make a horror movie profitable by any means necessary.

Speaking of 30 rock: Alec Baldwin shooting a guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Jean-Paul Shartre posted:

A container ship captain, early this morning, in the Port of Baltimore

It’s Singapore flagged so I’m not sure if American law applies or not but if it does he could be looking at a manslaughter charge

Career is the least of his worries

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

DrBouvenstein posted:

Supposedly, the power on the ship was going in and out making it hard/impossible to steer. More stuff in the OSHA thread or the thread on the collapse itself, but might not be the captain's fault, almost certainly the fault of whatever company owns the vessel for lack of any maintenance, but good luck getting blood from that stone.

Why was the power going out? They just left port. Did the captain not inspect the critical systems on the ship before leaving.

That’s the kind of questions the coast asks

If there is an accident the coast guard will find negligence somewhere and the captain almost always ends up getting some of the blame. Mechanical failure isn’t considered gee I guess it can’t be helped. It’s the responsibility of the crew to inspect the vessel. If it is not in good enough shape to leave or back up systems aren’t working it is the captains responsibility to say “we can’t go out” and they are responsible for the decision to leave anyway.

BIG FLUFFY DOG fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Mar 26, 2024