Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

naem
May 29, 2011

bossy lady posted:

I'll never understand youtuber / streamer capacity for having a sweet gig making videos for a living and they tank it by grooming kids, saying racist poo poo, or just engaging in general assholery.

For real just make videos, take the money, and shut the hell up.

people get addicted to the little dopamine hits they get from online whatever, then they earn a living at it, lose their reality filter after being their own boss, and it seems like a lot of people who have serious negative maladjusted issues going on inside themselves can’t help but indulge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

don’t announce in the classroom that you are in an open relationship with your older husband you married for money, that he doesn’t know but it’s happening anyway, and that you are taking auditions for partners in your office after class,

and then don’t heavily favor those you chose to apparently sleep with, making entire class sessions a display of your favorite side-piece’s coursework as if hosts on a talk show (true story)

naem
May 29, 2011

That Works posted:

Jesus wept

academia is pretty much a reality show

naem
May 29, 2011

That Works posted:

Oh, I am a college professor, am in my own special hell of bullshit rn but yours is a pretty outstanding story.

I have a terminal MFA and currently type numbers into spreadsheets, art school got very weird very fast

that story ended when that lady’s husband divorced her and she had to live on her adjunct salary for the first time and got depressed and did paintings of a bunch of fat guys naked that they kept hung up in the hallway all year, it was like a parade of shame

naem
May 29, 2011

I was trying to remember who Jessica Simpson was and got flooded with repressed memories of very low cut pants, very orange tans and pink lipstick/fake-blonde hair, spikey belt 2000’s era look for girls

photos of that era look especially dated since everyone dressed the same way to the point it looks weird now

naem
May 29, 2011

before the current “lol at how big my rear end is” era we are currently in there was the “hey look at my torso” era where everyone’s girlfriend wore two different color sleeveless shirts on top of each other and pants that did not cover the entire pelvis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

Bonzo posted:

That's also around the time that everyone got a smart phone and access to social media. People that never had a voice before suddenly had one and that makes some people really angry. Just look at Twitter and the Arab Spring.

a lot of people seem to need to feel they have it better than others, their view of society is entirely based on subjugation of a perceived less than group and they are terrified and furious at the thought they might be at the bottom of that imaginary pile

that mental bubble they try to live in ignorantly gets popped easily by “other people existing”