Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Everybody talks about the GoT final season showrunners killing the show, but what about the man himself, George? Didn't release a single book from the first episode to the last and had the better part of a decade to do so, always had an excuse up his sleeve to put it off, etc.

What does he do these days besides show up to conventions and coast off royalties? Aside from being commissioned to write parts of Elden Ring I've no idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Chrpno posted:

Well why not? Dude obviously worked pretty hard for 30-40 years before the big money train crashed thru his wall, why not take a breather?

You're right, he doesn't have to do anything, he's set for life. That being said, because of how it ended, it essentially soured that entire narrative's legacy retroactively for a huge swath of people, and will also be the ONLY thing the masses will know him for, almost like it tarnished all the goodwill he cultivated over those 30 years for many.

Seriously, go try to talk to anyone about the Golden Era seasons in the wild, not a single person wants to hear it. Hell, some act like it didn't happen to begin with, they are that salty about the finale, it gets sandbagged in every discussion these days, it's completely bizarre to have seen played out.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

BrigadierSensible posted:

Speaking of the Simpson sisters.

Whilst it is not a specific moment. But older sister Jessica's career as a pop star died in the arse when it came out in that reality show she was doing that she was really REALLY dumb.

I forget the specifics, but she didn't know that Tuna was a fish or something similar.

I don't think it really died so much as she pivoted to becoming a reality TV star since that was where the big bucks was at in the early 00s. She rode that money yacht for 3, maybe 4 seasons I think? Released a Christmas album somewhere afterwards that bombed from what I read, then decided to become a business mogul who seems to clean up pretty good, making more than she ever did from BOTH of those earlier ventures.