Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
For example I present a song that you all remember but you haven't thought about in 20 years. A Spice Girl and Canada's #1 son Bryan Adams never came back from this.

This is the last gasp of their success.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W2jONIjrM0

Funky See Funky Do fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Oct 6, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC5FdFlUcl0

This is the exact sort of corny poo poo I expect from the likes of Soundgarden and RATM.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

super sweet best pal posted:

I've never heard this song nor heard of the guy who sang it until now, OP.

You've never heard of Brian Adams until just now? Did you ever watch Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

El Diablo Bob O posted:

The rare "High Point/Beginning of the End" moment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUmZp8pR1uc

God drat if there was ever a fire that wanted to be snuffed out.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

super sweet best pal posted:

gently caress no

e: Haven't seen any of Kevin Costner's movies except for a few minutes of Field of Dreams when someone else was watching it. Looked boring so I left the room.

I didn't mean to offend you. It's just that at one point in time he was a very popular actor that appeared in a lot of big movies.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Here's someone pinpointing the moment their own career died.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Drinkslinger posted:

The B-side of this is just Bryan Adams singing the song on his own without Mel C

I can't tell if that's a joke or literally true because the A side is that. She's doing backing vocals. You can barely hear her.

Jason Alexander was in that episode of Community where he wore a toupee for some reason. That really bad one with the muppets.

Didn't he briefly have his own sitcom after Seinfeld?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
According to IMDB Maise Williams last acting gig was doing the voice of Arya Stark in some free to play mobile game last year.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Lol, in that same vein.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6i-gYRAwM0

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I know right. Two good looking people getting together. How does that happen?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Original_Z posted:

Mel Gibson had not one, but two career suicide moves! Every once in awhile his name is attached to something that does decently and the media is like 'is the public ready to forgive Mel Gibson?' like they're really trying to push it. How about not encouraging us to forgive awful people?

He hasn't made a comeback right? I don't keep up with much but I'm positive I haven't heard about a Mel Gibson movie in 10 or more years.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

emSparkly posted:

Hacksaw Ridge won a couple oscars iirc

I'd forgotten about that. His IMDB shows him as working pretty regularly in a shitload of movies I've never heard of.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I don't know why I feel so compelled to stand up for Henry Cavil, I know nothing about him as a person, but dating someone you're attracted to is how you find out if you're compatible. Judge people by who they formed long term committed relationships with not who they went out with a few times.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Wat. Why post that

I felt like it. Why leave the H out?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Troy Duffy, and I don't think he ever was "in Hollywood" so much as his ego immediately flared up and got him badmouthing all these random Hollywood stars. He applied for the job of famous director, but was rejected.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I never saw it, which makes no sense to me since it came out when I was 14 and is almost certainly full of nudity.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Everyone second person seems to have one. I wouldn't be surprised if he's made way more from his vodka that he ever did in Hollywood.

I was looking up Christian Slater and Kevin Costner just now to see what happened to them, and they never stopped working. I wonder how many of these celebrity career deaths I thought were, were actually just me no longer paying attention to pop culture outside of my bubble.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

emSparkly posted:

Suicide Squad really should have been the end of Leto's acting career but the dude only seems able to fail upward so I highly doubt we've seen the last of him.

Remember when he started a cult?

Does he not still have the cult? If not what happened?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Presto posted:

As someone who never watched GoT what happened at the end that pissed everybody off so much? Was it just a stupid resolution of the plot?

It was a precipitous drop off quality on almost every front: Plot holes that were too obvious to ignore, stories that went no-where, characters acting so far out of character as be unrecognisable or completely invalidate years of character growth, a rushed script, and a uninteresting, unsatisfying resolution.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Is Let's Playing considered a career in some circles because he he he he ho ho ho ho

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Autechresaint posted:

Can someone explain this one? Nearest I can deduce, dark Id has lied about dying before, is this another of those times?

go look at the page it's linked from. it's a long one but very much worth your time I promise.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Apparently she'd come onto the set of MIB3 day drunk and heckle Will during takes. Crazy poo poo like that.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Kit Walker posted:

He just reminds me of a dude I know in a really lovely relationship with a wife who clearly doesn't love him, who overcompensates by being really defensive about his wife. Can't say a bad thing about her. It probably settles his heart to think, "well at least no one can say I didn't try my hardest." Will Smith should just get a divorce

Yeah but you gotta understand the hold Jada has on him. This has been going on for decades. There are stories from the start of the marriage where she'd show up to the set of The Legend of Bagger Vance to throw golf balls at him if did what she'd call a "plan b take".

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

It's hosed up what you can have swept under the carpet in Hollywood when you were a scientology super couple in the late 90s. It's been an open secret in Hollywood forever. Her career tanked after the Matrix because nobody wanted to work with her and Will's career took a hit too, especially after she forced a cameo on MIB3. To her credit apparently she's chilled out a lot since the days of her bringing a loaded gun onto the set of Wild Wild West and shooting at Will's feet to make him dance.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Ignore that I thought i was reading a different thread where that post would have been insane, instead of this one where its fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Was about to ask if you knew what thread you were in, no biggie

I'm so sorry you saw that. It's late, I'm high, and I thought I was reading the bridge collapse thread.