Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWsepyduVU8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

BATS FLY AT MOON posted:

I would imagine she got a decent paycheck for Stranger Things

That was still almost 2 decades after the shoplifting incident. Her being caught stealing basically killed her career and reputation for years, so much so that it became a running joke on film sets for other actors and crew to ‘watch their wallets’ in case she tried to steal poo poo again. She ended up just doing smaller indie films and bit parts in stuff for a long time before Stranger Things came along because the incident meant she was essentially blacklisted from Hollywood.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

muscles like this! posted:

The newest season of Rick and Morty just aired with the replacement voices and they're pretty good. If you didn't know you probably wouldn't have noticed anything different about those characters. Although the premiere did have Mr Poopybutthole in it and he was voiced by a new actor too which was noticeable.

That's a shame about Mr Poopybutthole, I like that character. His vocal shift will be too distracting for me.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

This one was a gutpunch when it came out that he'd been grooming multiple teenage fans, usually beginning at age 11 or 12. I was a fan of his for years; he was one of the very first YT accounts I subscribed to when I set up an account. I loved watching his playthroughs and Twitch streams where he'd play multiplayer games with his 'friends', a lot of whom it unfortunately turned out he'd been blackmailing to stay on the streams as their main source of revenue whenever they declared they were going to go public with allegations made against him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4E5B0-8q2E

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

https://x.com/ThatKevinSmith/status/2554608773?s=20

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

YoursTruly posted:

huwilliation

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Wrong thread?

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Der Kyhe posted:

And speaking of bombing James Bonds, George Lazenby turned down a follow-up role on Bond sequel because his manager convinced him that spy movies were going out of style and getting typecast as James Bond was a career suicide.

Same thing happened to the actor that was originally cast as James T Kirk. Captain Pike was originally going to be the captain of the Enterprise but allegedly the actor's wife talked him out of the role because she felt he was above doing a low-budget sci-fi TV show.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I heard she was a huge nightmare on set going all stage wife and demanding he only be shot from certain angles and such.

Everything I've heard about this woman suggests that their wedding photo would fall into the category of "images that precede unfortunate events"

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

HonorableTB posted:

I imagine it depends on the level of exposure. If you're doing a Super Bowl halftime show you're probably going to lip sync more to avoid the risk of having off-pitch notes on a national broadcast. Most televised performances are synced I'm sure, it's just not worth it to potentially do a honker in front of millions of potential fans lol

Then we miss out on incredible poo poo like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMA2iF6RuXk

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

You might be thinking of The Cat In The Hat, but don't worry, he made his stupendous comeback in the Netflix show The Pentaverate! Remember The Pentaverate? The "comedy" show where he played eight characters?

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

BrigadierSensible posted:

Speaking of the Simpson sisters.

Whilst it is not a specific moment. But older sister Jessica's career as a pop star died in the arse when it came out in that reality show she was doing that she was really REALLY dumb.

I forget the specifics, but she didn't know that Tuna was a fish or something similar.

”Newlyweds: Nick & Jessica” posted:

Jessica: Why don't you open the car door for me any more? At the begining of our marriage you were so eager to open the door for me.
Nick: Because at the beginning of our marriage I got laid.

Jessica: What does it mean when you take a really big breath and it hurts?
[inhales big]
Jessica: It hurts really bad right here.
Nick: It means you shouldn't talk for a day and a half.

Jessica: I could feel your teeth.
Nick: They're not my teeth, actually.
Jessica: Oh, I forgot. They're "ventures". No, that's dentures.
Nick: Ventures?
Jessica: What are they called?
[Nick laughs]
Jessica: Veneers.
[Nick laughs]
Jessica: I thought "dentures" and I thought "veneers". And then I came up with "ventures".
Nick: Yeah. "Think" is the key word.

Jessica: I still managed to spend $200.
Nick: That's never been a problem with you.

Jessica: You married me.
Nick: Don't remind me!

:kstarehair: Jesus Nick you loving rear end in a top hat

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Ignore that I thought i was reading a different thread where that post would have been insane, instead of this one where its fine

Was about to ask if you knew what thread you were in, no biggie

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Bonzo posted:

I wonder if people remember the Anna Nicole Smith show? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Anna_Nicole_Show

Probably not as it only ran from 2002-04 and is only on DVD. The one episode I remember is that she was drunk or high on pills (ok this is almost every episode and on a blind date with some rich nobody who only sees her as an object. He takes her to this Japanese steakhouse (or maybe just Benihana) where he's rented out a private dining. She can barely form basic sentences but somehow managed to demand A1 sauce for her wagu beef. Of course they don't have this but rich guy insists so they send a busboy down to the corner store.

On the limo ride home she's hanging out the window, screaming while rich guy is just calming saying, "Anna Nicole.....Anna Nicole....Anna Nicole" over and over.

I vaguely remember seeing adverts for it when it was originally broadcasting and the network that was shown on here (E! Entertainment channel) really played up in the adverts how trashy she and her friends and family were.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Well the reason I was originally posting some of the dumb things she said was to show how completely off-kilter and frankly demoralising Nick Lachey’s replies to her were, and how the whole show was edited to make it seem like they were basically living in an episode of I Love Lucy but they’re both hot people so it’s funnier actually. There’s no real way to feel good about what she went through on that show. Sure, she has money now and has her own businesses she runs. Great for her. But she still went through some messed up poo poo that made a lot of money for MTV and a lot of other heartless companies around her and that’s without even getting into how horrible John Mayer was about her after her divorce from Nick, all the while her career and personal life were basically falling apart in the public eye. That’s absolutely bound to have a hosed up effect on someone’s mental health, so whether or not she’s doing good now financially at the very least I hope she’s doing okay mentally.