Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

Looks like teen witch's posting career just died.

Nov 6, 2002

It's much more interesting to discuss people who torpedoed their careers with awful artist choices rather than gross dudes who got cancelled for sex crimes.

Katie Holmes peaced out of the Nolan Batman franchise so she could appear in the Queen Latifah flop Mad Money. Reportedly on the advice of her husband at the time, Tom Cruise.

Nov 6, 2002

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Same thing happened to the actor that was originally cast as James T Kirk. Captain Pike was originally going to be the captain of the Enterprise but allegedly the actor's wife talked him out of the role because she felt he was above doing a low-budget sci-fi TV show.

Similarly Denise Crosby made what had to be in retrospect a pretty bad decision to leave STNG after one season because she didn't like the character's development - or lack thereof - up to that moment.

Nov 6, 2002

StrangersInTheNight posted:

That's Finding Forrester, the one where Connery does a JD Salinger impression and teaches a young black boy to write. So let that soak in while you wince.

I haven't seen that movie in forever but I'm pretty sure that's a pretty shallow interpretation of the movie. The kid is already brilliant. Connery's character just wants to mentor him.

Nov 6, 2002

Bonzo posted:

She would always be "The One that slept with Data", or they would pull an Orville and have them dating. Maybe they would be married by ST:Nemesis or something.

I kinda doubt it. All the Next Gen characters were EXTREMELY shallow and underdeveloped through much of the 1st and 2nd season. If she had stayed, it's pretty likely Tasha Yar would have ended up being much more than what we saw in S1.

Nov 6, 2002

HonorableTB posted:

I imagine it depends on the level of exposure. If you're doing a Super Bowl halftime show you're probably going to lip sync more to avoid the risk of having off-pitch notes on a national broadcast. Most televised performances are synced I'm sure, it's just not worth it to potentially do a honker in front of millions of potential fans lol

My understanding is that the Super Bowl is a mixture. The artists record their own tracks, and then their live performance is mixed over it. Depending on what they're doing in any given song you may or may not be hearing them sing live or it might be a mix or it might be entirely the prerecorded track. Someone running up and down stairs and dancing their rear end off is probably going to be heavily mixed. But then you have Alicia Keys sitting at a piano and her voice cracks because she was signing entirely live.

Prince really did play that guitar in the rain though.

Nov 6, 2002

Bring it back.

Nov 6, 2002

SNL used to make fun of Chelsea for being ugly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

well why not posted:

it’s shocking how Mayer hasn’t been chased out of society. Metoo started up and I thought he’d be living under an assumed name within a few weeks. The skeletons in the closet just weren’t as many as I’d thought. He’s not a great person but I’d assumed worse.

Banging a lot of chicks and then dumping them isn't really anything too shocking.