Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
A more serious example: hard to think of any better ones than Nicolae Ceaușescu's final speech. If you could consider 'being a brutal dictator' a career, it's hard to top your country literally doing its final rise up to capture, depose, and later execute you while you are giving a speech saying 'Things are now calm, go back to being brutally repressed'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I was looking up Christian Slater and Kevin Costner just now to see what happened to them, and they never stopped working. I wonder how many of these celebrity career deaths I thought were, were actually just me no longer paying attention to pop culture outside of my bubble.

It's astonishing how many bands that you would think 'are dead' never stopped recording music or touring after their one hit wonder faded away. They just were no longer known by everyone.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

bossy lady posted:

I'll never understand youtuber / streamer capacity for having a sweet gig making videos for a living and they tank it by grooming kids, saying racist poo poo, or just engaging in general assholery.

For real just make videos, take the money, and shut the hell up.

I always think of what I heard about Jared from Subway. The man basically, from something I heard, thought being in a series of semi popular fast food ads gave him carte blanche to do whatever he wanted. Including rape kids.

That bubble makes the average person stupid and selfish if they don't actively fight it, and it makes those who are already bad that much worse.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

Tarkus posted:

Jada is a rather cruel woman and loving hates Will with every fiber of her being

Where does this claim/belief/assessment come from?

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

Tarkus posted:

Watching her show, the way she talks to him and about him she's clearly dripping with either hatred or regret. That's the impression I get. I mean she's even getting a bit delusional about her relationship with Tupac saying it was her that he proposed to when he was in jail. Other accounts state otherwise. I'm just on mobile right now otherwise I'd post some videos.

You know, there's a simple solution to this.

Get a divorce. If you're not happy in a relationship any more, admit it has ended and move on. What's that? You don't want to do that for XYZ reasons, probably financial and ego related? Then you're just basically inviting more pain and suffering. The power is always in your hands to change things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The thing that annoys me the most about the Monica Lewinsky thing is that if you went back in time and raised all the still equally accurate and valid points that seems so shockingly obvious now when it was actually happening, no one would listen. To most everyone, it was all jokes at her expense and getting all of the negativity of it (it really didn't affected Bill in any way in the long run), and if you brought up at the VERY LEAST the severe power imbalance, let alone Bill likely being a legit sexual predator who got off on said power imbalance, people would probably just either look at you baffled or ask why you're defending 'the whore'.

Perhaps the most teeth grinding thing about the past is when you look at it and realize the phrase "They just are/were not ready." is accurate to a T.