Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Kanye West going on Alex Jones' show and proclaiming how much he loves Hitler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Spinz posted:

Is he? Oof I'm sorry I read this

Makes me FURIOUS

I grew up seeing my dad beat my mother

The stupidity of people still shocks me
Yeah, at the time, his dimwitted fans were engaging in some weapons-grade victim blaming against Rihanna.

To this day, he throws a tantrum at anybody who calls him out for it.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

syntaxfunction posted:

Counterpoint: Seinfeld already ended, so his career was already over.
idk, Julia Louis-Dreyfus went on to star in Veep.

OTOH, Jerry made Bee Movie.

So I guess it's a mixed bag.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
I think Bryan Cranston (who played dentist Tim Whatley) was in some stuff too.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

emSparkly posted:

No, people were still on team Kanye for that poo poo. And for his crazy Christian phase, and all this other crap that would have destroyed anyone else that slid for Kanye because he's hip-hop's quirky David Lynch type guy. He had to become a nazi for it all to finally scare off fans and money.
Yeah, his corporate partners/sponsors started dropping him around a year ago when he really dialed up the anti-Semitism. I forgot that his appearance on InfoWars was like two months after he wore a "WHITE LIVES MATTER" shirt at a fashion show. Things, uh, went downhill from there.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

acejackson42 posted:

Holy crap, I thought these guys made that one ridiculous video and that was it, but nope, they did a bunch of poo poo and were even on MTV. I don't remember things being so bleak musically that things like this would get airplay, but maybe I've memory holed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TH5ibABP4U
At least they inspired this review (quoting their Wikipedia page):

quote:

A writer for the Warsaw Business Journal attempted to describe their music: "Imagine an impassioned triceratops mating with a steam turbine, while off to the side Daft Punk and the Bee Gees beat each other to death with skillets and spatulas. Imagine the sound that would make. Just try. BrokeNCYDE is kind of like that, except it also makes you want to jab your thumbs into your eyeballs and gargle acid."

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I mean it killed her career in anything remotely plausible and she fell into the right wing grift circuit as a result

https://twitter.com/thymetikon/status/1131702577878503425
lmao she still has the doctorate whose thesis depended on misunderstanding that legal term.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
The New York Times published a glowing article about him in July, lol

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Jelly posted:

don't read books until they're all released.
I put off reading the books for years, figuring I'd do it when GRRM finished them. Welp

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Samovar posted:

I seem to remember reading up to the third book, thought something along the lines of 'any time anything good seems to happen to an ostensibly good person in this book, something horrendous happens immediately afterwards. Why should I continue to read this series when I could get the same results from reading non-fiction, but which also passes on real information?' and fully disengaged from it.

I would say in hindsight that that is the most thankful I've been for dropping a piece of media, but that would be a lie (stopped reading Harry Potter after the... Fourth book, I think?).
You stopped at a good place with Harry Potter, since book 5 is 900 pages of mostly teen angst. It is unbelievably painful to read.

Speaking of which, has JK Rowling been mentioned in this thread yet?

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Froghammer posted:

UK transphobia attacks trans people from the left ("this is an insidious plot to undermine women's rights")
Not just UK; that's the line I see from many American grifters who claim to be "Democrats who think the left is crazier than the right nowadays" or whatever.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
Tbf, the problem with Suicide Squad wasn't Will Smith. It was just a dogshit movie.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
Kevin Smith grew up working class and was literally a convenience store clerk when he made Clerks. I'd characterize him as a decently smart and funny dude who has never lost sight of how lucky he is to have his life and career. Out of all the famous directors, he's gotta be one of the ones who'd be best to hang out with.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
Nicki Clyne left Battlestar Galactica to spend more time with her friends in NXIVM :thumbsup:

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
In many cases, performers aren't even *allowed* to sing live. They have to lip sync. There have been cases where the audio fucks up at the Macy's parade or whatever and then the singer who was on TV at the time gets trashed in the press. But literally every other singer was lip syncing too. :shrug:

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I am sorta shocked they never tried to milk those movies more.
They clearly ran out of jokes, and IIRC they even made fun of their lack of new material in the movie itself.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

:kstarehair: Jesus Nick you loving rear end in a top hat
Evidently her therapist later told her that Nick never loved her. Can't imagine why :thunk:

Her recent (ok, 2020) memoir is supposed to be very good. I still need to read it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
Bill is a predator and has accumulated a long list of victims over the years. Hillary couldn't even press Trump much on the Access Hollywood tape because Trump was ready to parade out Bill's many accusers and ask why she stayed married to that guy.