Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Rad-daddio posted:

also, giant lmfao that your super awesome bay area tech employer will literally provide you with everything but a location-appropriate wage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

OP please copy your post wholesale into the GBS America thread, thanks in advance

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
i've never seen someone boom/flip homelessness as a life hack.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
the car doesn't even look that long.

how tall are you?

I say gently caress the haters, and live your life
as a vagrant that parks in people's neighborhoods.

:buddy:

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
this one weird trick u DON'T want women to find out about

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
What do you do when you have to pee in the middle of the night?

Also has anyone ever tried to rob your car with you inside? I hear silly valley has a lot of car based thievery.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Tristesse posted:

What do you do when you have to pee in the middle of the night?

Also has anyone ever tried to rob your car with you inside? I hear silly valley has a lot of car based thievery.

piss in the gas tank. two birds one stone

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

My ex wife kicked me out of our house and I had to secretly live in my office for about a month which is somehow less depressing than whatever this is. Thanks op!

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

is it expensive to have someone walk your dog every day?? i bet they miss you.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Don’t you have kid(s) OP? And you are living in your car to avoid commuting?

What the gently caress is wrong w you.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Sophy Wackles posted:

Don’t you have kid(s) OP? And you are living in your car to avoid your kids?

What the gently caress is wrong w you.

Ftfy

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

same op, same.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Breetai posted:

He works in tech in a large silicon valley company which means that he is underpaid yet does unpaid overtime coding new ways of either fracking the cerebrospinal fluid of adorable kittens directly from their twitching bodies, or else reinventing something that currently exists only worse, with overengineered tech/internet connectivity, and ongoing micropayments.

We're working on IOT Biometric mattresses. Like the old Sleep Number system but with an app. It calibrates exactly to your circadian rhythm, adjusting throughout the night to give you the ideal sleep.

Spazzle posted:

Get a van, weirdo.

Nah, gas mileage

lol

blight rhino posted:

the car doesn't even look that long.

how tall are you?

I say gently caress the haters, and live your life
as a vagrant that parks in people's neighborhoods.

:buddy:

I am 6'2"

Saalkin posted:

Why even go back to your car? Just sleep under your desk

I think it's healthy to get some time out of the office every day

Amphigory posted:

That's bleak

Are the windows totally blacked out? Is there no way people can see you in there?

They're tinted pretty dark in the front. In the back there's also tint plus I put up black panels over the windows at night

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Vim Fuego posted:

We're working on IOT Biometric mattresses. Like the old Sleep Number system but with an app. It calibrates exactly to your circadian rhythm, adjusting throughout the night to give you the ideal sleep.

lmao

edit: so really you're living in your car to work on a mattress that collects your biometrics to sell them

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Oct 6, 2023

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I think op imagines himself as some explorer or adventurer. Telling his children tales like it's the age of sailing or some poo poo

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

still lol at living in your car being considered "fortunate" in silicon valley

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Vim Fuego posted:

Idea

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

what I really need is a very expensive mattress that uses an app to collect my biometric data designed by a bunch of homeless people who live in their sedans and don't sleep on mattresses

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I bought a mattress recently and apps to collect your sleep data and adjust your mattress and bed frame already exist OP. Just quit your job and live on the street full time.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Op is doing van life to avoid husband and father life

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

lol wait OP has a family? jesus christ man go home

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
So you totally just either piss in a bottle or open the car door and piss wherever you're squatting for the night. That really does sound like homelessness to me buddy.

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Drops: human teeth
How does Car Life affect your social life? Do any of your colleagues know about your situation? Do the local unhoused population consider you one of their own?

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
you should use your mattress app to detect when your wife is cheating on you, nerd

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i thought you were gonna say your commute was like 2 hours each way, but 40 hours a month would be an hour each way mon-fri. i do a 40 min commute at the moment and it's nowhere near enough to make me want to stay away from home all week. madness.

i do like your car tho

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Vim Fuego posted:

Since you seem to have trouble understanding your audience or humans or anything, let me help you by explaining that this is not the flex that you think that it is. Just like everything else ITT. OP did not literally think you were killing kittens. Just because you bought the techbro marketing copy about providing your customers with ideal sleep does not actually mean you are not working for an evil entity.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Vim Fuego posted:

:hmbol:

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Upgrade to living in a Lancer Evo, op

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
While it is funny that OP is sleeping in his car while ostensibly developing a mattress, he's probably not really developing anything because the startup will likely go under before shipping a single unit and he will have wasted his life for nothing

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

my life is depressing, but not this much. thanks op i feel better

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Love giving data to corporations such as how often I wash my sheets and how many pumps it takes to finish in my wife etc. Thank you for your sacrifice op.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

i exclusively buy high-end mattresses designed and developed (developed?) by people who sleep on blankets in the trunk of their car

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

you know the company's called some horse piss like "sleepr" too

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Love giving data to corporations such as how often I wash my sheets and how many pumps it takes to finish in my wife etc. Thank you for your sacrifice op.

i sleep on my stomach and there's no way im giving away my belly button data for free

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

op you should suggest a new product line of $10k IOT smart mattresses for your 4-door sedan

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Why isn't op investing in hyperloop so he can reduce his commute to 3 minutes

dsf
Jul 1, 2004

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

did a techbro gently caress your wife or something

techbros arent even loving their own wives

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
starting your day by driving a car is massively fail

honestly driving a car is massively fail

turning a huge wheel left and right and beeping a dumb sounding horn is toddler behavior imo

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Chinatown posted:

starting your day by driving a car is massively fail

this is why i always have a wank the instant i wake up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe