Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

hbag posted:

you know the company's called some horse piss like "sleepr" too

trnkr

Snipe edit: Company's name is a random misspelled word that is not related to sleep in any way, ie chimnee

Eclipse12 fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Oct 6, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

"Here at chimnee, we believe that sleep is essential. That good sleep is better than bad sleep. That data is the foundation for true happiness. That a bed that wiggles you is worth our employees having no bed at all. And we firmly believe the Serta should buy us out so that we can lay off all our employees, take all the money, and start this whole scheme over with sofas. These are our core values."

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

If you're whackin' it in the trunk, do you keep it unlatched to add an element of excitement and danger that someone might come by and take a lil peek?

What are your trunk whack strats, op?

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Techbro obsessed with the cost of gas but not living in a Tesla. Shameful.

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

I legit drove 52 miles to work each way for a job in janky-rear end Monte Carlo when gas was pushing $5 a gallon. Did that for a year. Not once did I consider living in my car.

You know, because I valued my fiance and pets and home more than I valued min-maxing my commute costs.

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

How much do you pay eating take-out every meal of the day? Or do you got mini fridge and microwave in that bad boy?

Oct 5, 2023
Get pepper sprayed by parking garage security yet? (Re)Invent secondary climate control? Wanna protest Society in anyway shape or form? or deliriously happy despite all obstacles?

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Lotta haters itt

You should get a pet for your car. Like a deranged bird or weasel

Oct 5, 2023

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Lotta haters itt

Enjoying the lack of climate control?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Lotta haters itt

If OP cracks the window a little more I bet a pigeon will fly in :3:

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

i thought you were gonna say your commute was like 2 hours each way, but 40 hours a month would be an hour each way mon-fri. i do a 40 min commute at the moment and it's nowhere near enough to make me want to stay away from home all week. madness.

i do like your car tho

I thought he said 40 hours a week but I'm pretty stupid.

I'm also not re-reading.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

I thought he said 40 hours a week but I'm pretty stupid.

I'm also not re-reading.

i double checked before i posted because i didn't think 40 a month sounded like very much but nope, all this to save a couple hours driving a day.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

i double checked before i posted because i didn't think 40 a month sounded like very much but nope, all this to save a couple hours driving a day.

but think about how much time op is saving to spend with their fa

Vim Fuego posted:

Some weekends I won’t even go home but rather spend that time exploring places within distance due to saving on fuel/wear and tear.

Triikan
Feb 23, 2007
Most Loved
You know OP, I can almost relate. When I was younger and really into competitive multiplayer, I saw that I had played 80 hours of a game that I barely enjoyed playing, and I was also sad that I was broke. So I decided to get a part time job instead of wasting all that time on video games. This, like your decision, was terrible. I lost connection with a lot of good online friends, and instead I have memories of getting held up at gunpoint while trying to deliver a pizza in the middle of the night.

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005
I really want an answer on if op has a spouse and/or kids. I hate commuting so I could accept someone else living like OP even if I would never do it myself, but expending effort to not see your kids is not a great look.

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

Eclipse12 posted:

If you're whackin' it in the trunk, do you keep it unlatched to add an element of excitement and danger that someone might come by and take a lil peek?

If a security guard looks in OP can defensively nut at them to buy time to get away. Like a squid and ink.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
40 hours / 22 work days in a month - an hour each way to work? In a WRX? and you have an apartment that you pay rent on, you just choose to live in your car 80% of the time to save 20 dollars a day in gas?

:thunk::thunk::thunk:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Vampire Panties posted:

40 hours / 22 work days in a month - an hour each way to work? In a WRX? and you have an apartment that you pay rent on, you just choose to live in your car 80% of the time to save 20 dollars a day in gas?

:thunk::thunk::thunk:

have you ever considered it's worth it for the added free adventure tourism? The potential of a thief busting out your windows while you're sleeping in the car, or maybe a cop shining a flashlight in and waking you up to breathalyze you in the middle of the night?

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
if you work at a mattress startup you can afford to be homeless in one of the nicer parking garages. but you wouldn't know about that

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
Where will you sleep when your apartment is in the shop?

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

This reminds me of the guys on ADVRider that ride $20k+ BMW GS Adventures and "renegade camp" behind abandoned houses, under parked semi trailers, on closed weigh station grounds, etc.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
why would u buy a performance sedan that u cant do donuts or burnouts with OP?

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Am I going to electrocute myself to death when I drunkenly piss on this fancy e-mattress

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Henry Lee Mucus posted:

Am I going to electrocute myself to death when I drunkenly piss on this fancy e-mattress

they'll gain very valuable data on the app to sell to a company to market caskets and funeral homes to your spouse, and spouses like them, when it happens op

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

feelix posted:

While it is funny that OP is sleeping in his car while ostensibly developing a mattress, he's probably not really developing anything because the startup will likely go under before shipping a single unit and he will have wasted his life for nothing

I believe in the product. I wouldn't be here if I did. I'm advocating for the user experience because better sleep improves peoples lives, and with our smart connected mattresses it's a measurable improvement. I think we're shipping q2 24 at the latest. Just some kinks to work out- like right now if it loses connection it defaults to a deflated setting because the feedback loops cut out. But these things do work!

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Love giving data to corporations such as how often I wash my sheets and how many pumps it takes to finish in my wife etc. Thank you for your sacrifice op.

Sexual health is health. Our algorithm does automatically recognize those uses of the product, but recording and retention of that data subset is an optional user setting.

Eclipse12 posted:

This is a little immature, even for GBS.

Lotta haters itt

Not sure the lifestyle is suited to birds or mammals but I've considered a small fishtank or terrarium.

Henry Lee Mucus posted:

No. It's perfectly safe.

Genesplicer posted:

I'll sleep at my place, I'm not in the car full time although I'm considering it

Chinatown posted:

why would u buy a performance sedan that u cant do donuts or burnouts with OP?

It's chipped, it does burnouts just fine

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Breetai posted:

... or else reinventing something that currently exists only worse, with overengineered tech/internet connectivity, and ongoing micropayments.

Vim Fuego posted:

We're working on IOT Biometric mattresses. Like the old Sleep Number system but with an app. It calibrates exactly to your circadian rhythm, adjusting throughout the night to give you the ideal sleep.

Do you have any self awareness at all? Do you actually understand how sad it is that you're living like you're homeless in order to turn into a living stereotype of a complete drain on society?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Love to be forced to watch an ad before I’m allowed to sleep or pay $7.99/month to turn them off.

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Genesplicer posted:

:drat:

When you hear someone sawing off your catalytic converter at 3am, do you lean out the window and yell "boo!"?

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

when i watched mike judge's silicon valley i thought he was exaggerating at least a little for comedic effect

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i live my life 1 sleep at a time

for those 8 hours or less im free

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
This has to be a bit now.

The power goes out and *pfffffffrtt* the mattress deflates. Bullshit my dude, but I'll consult on your design for $350/hr up front in USD, not bitcoin or stock or Sleepr app buck's or whatever scrip you get paid in.

Samuel L. Hacksaw fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Oct 6, 2023

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Vim Fuego posted:

This is a little immature, even for GBS.

:allears:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

ill be impressed when hes sleeping in the back of a BRZzz

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

This has to be a bit now.

It clearly is. But

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
You could get a hamster, that's a mammal.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Breetai posted:

Do you have any self awareness at all? Do you actually understand how sad it is that you're living like you're homeless in order to turn into a living stereotype of a complete drain on society?

:okboomer:

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

1. Why aren't you getting a van to live in instead? It seems like it'd be more comfortable
2. Then why aren't you painting some kickin rad flames on the van?
3. Then why aren't you changing your name to Van Fuego?

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

Vim Fuego posted:

Just some kinks to work out- like right now if it loses connection it defaults to a deflated setting because the feedback loops cut out.

I'm also starting to think this is a bit, I work in device firmware/software and this is like smart device 101. It's has to be smart enough without an Internet connection to do most of its functionality.

Then again givin how many lovely IoT products are out there it's possible this is real. The Juicero was real after all.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Breetai posted:

A drain on society would be someone that spewed more car exhaust in to the air just to go to an unfurnished apartment where all they do is sleep and drink Soylent. A drain on society wouldn't be dedicated to their work either. In conclusion, do better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

actually the world is a vampire sent to drain

not a person sleeping in their car