Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
The objectively correct answer is that 90's Psycho remake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
Atlas Shrugged Part 1. Lots of people talking about trains, but no characters or real drama. It’s not bad in a watchable or interesting way. It’s just horrifically boring.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
The Starfighters is on my shortlist for Worst of All Time. Even MST3K can't make it interesting to watch. I suppose I can't call it "pointless," since it's a propaganda film.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

A Fancy Hat posted:

Rubber is 85 minutes long and is runs out of steam about 3 minutes into its runtime. It's a movie that feels like a parody of arthouse movies, but they forgot to actually do anything funny or interesting with that idea.

I was extremely high when I watched it and it felt three days long. I kept thinking out loud "so are they saying X" and then the next scene would be the makers of movie looking my extremely high rear end dead in the eyes "that's exactly what we're saying."

Dog_Meat
May 19, 2013
Plenty of artsy or plain bad films that I could post, but Scott Pilgrim Vs The World made me feel like Grandpa Simpson wondering WTF I was watching. Was I supposed to like any of the characters? Am I supposed to know what's happening with all these.. oh, another fight scene. Oh wait... it's a guitar battle or something? Yay! Graphics that I guess is a gaming reference?

Clearly I'm not the audience this film was made for, but my god I was glad to turn it off.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Baby driver.

All the reviews were like "it's brilliant. It's brilliant"

After the whole music syncing opening car chase, I was like "...is that it?"

I was bored out of my mind, I regretted watching it. I hated the main actor in the movie too.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
The Cremators (1972)

I have a high tolerance for boring, schlocky monster movies, but this one was so dull and empty it was actually just bad.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I have liked most HK cop movies but I found Project Gutenberg to be pretty interminable with the exception of a great Chow Yun-Fat performance. No humor, very little style, too serious.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Miching Mallecho posted:

Baby driver.

All the reviews were like "it's brilliant. It's brilliant"

After the whole music syncing opening car chase, I was like "...is that it?"

I was bored out of my mind, I regretted watching it. I hated the main actor in the movie too.

Thats interesting because while in theory I like Edgar Wright movies, I also turned this one off after the opening chase. I wasn't a big fan of his 'The Worlds End' movie either. Hot Fuzz is great stuff though, when I watch that I get what all the fuss is about.

The Tree of Life is the most boring movie I've ever seen, although some friends and I laughed so much at how pretentious it was that it became less boring. It may not be pointless, maybe all the pretensions are revealing some hidden truths about the universe, but I can't remember a single thing about it.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Baby Driver did nothing for me. It was a neat experiment but I wouldn’t rate it anywhere near as great as Hot Fuzz.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Disposable Scud posted:

Swordfish. Rad opening tho.

Stupid movie but when it came out, 20 year old me had a couple good reasons to watch it

For content, I'm a marvel whore and The Eternals was the most boring piece of poo poo thing I've ever watched and my bar for super hero movies is very low.

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010
Vertigo, by a million miles.

Apparently it's a classic, but I loving hate that film so much, and I have to watch it every loving year when the family gets together at xmas.

It's barbarically boring in a really nagging and aggressive way where I can't just ignore it or switch off, it just never ends and James Stewart's character is just the worst person ever to have to spend what feels like 11 hours following about

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

toiletbrush posted:

Vertigo, by a million miles.

Apparently it's a classic, but I loving hate that film so much, and I have to watch it every loving year when the family gets together at xmas.

Vertigo is one of the greatest films of all time, but this is a bonkers family tradition

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010
Tbf we’ve only done it twice but it feels like much more because of how much I hate it

I wish I knew how to enjoy it

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Yeah I have to wonder if you would like it better simply if you hadn't seen it so many times.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

making your family watch Vertigo every Christmas is something an IRL Hitchcock character would do

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

Ccs posted:

Thats interesting because while in theory I like Edgar Wright movies, I also turned this one off after the opening chase. I wasn't a big fan of his 'The Worlds End' movie either. Hot Fuzz is great stuff though, when I watch that I get what all the fuss is about.

The Tree of Life is the most boring movie I've ever seen, although some friends and I laughed so much at how pretentious it was that it became less boring. It may not be pointless, maybe all the pretensions are revealing some hidden truths about the universe, but I can't remember a single thing about it.

Much as you can no longer remember your past life as a beetle, or on Pandora.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
The most entertaining thing about Tree of Life was watching the slow trickle of people leaving the cinema as they realised it wasn't the kind of movie they thought it was. Iirc the biggest group was when the dinosaurs showed up

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Halloween Jack posted:

The Starfighters is on my shortlist for Worst of All Time. Even MST3K can't make it interesting to watch. I suppose I can't call it "pointless," since it's a propaganda film.

Yeah, Starfighters is certainly up there. I remember in the MST3K Colossal Episode Guide, Frank Conniff said that people would come up to him and ask why they even did that movie to begin with. It's so dry and repetitive.

There are certain MST3K/Rifftrax movies that sound bonkers on paper, but are just a drag to sit through. I remember somebody on this forum explained how batshit the narrative of Curse of Bigfoot is (it's essentially a lousy student film short followed by a framing device that allows them to repackage an old mummy movie), but it's not even entertaining to sit through. Similarly, I recently watched Astro-Zombies and despite it being about John Carradine as a mad scientist creating cyborg zombies that go around strangling women, with both government agents and a spy syndicate investigating it, it really feels like nothing happens throughout. The scenes of Carradine and his greasy Igor doing mundane science stuff seems to go on for 15 minutes at a time.

Monster a Go-Go is certainly a movie that is just too awful to sit through despite having the most ridiculous non-ending.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Guess we know who the “no refunds for tree of life” signs were for

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I mean Starfighters did have a point. The point was to convince people the Lockheed Starfighter was perfectly safe and not a flying deathtrap.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Gavok posted:

There are certain MST3K/Rifftrax movies that sound bonkers on paper, but are just a drag to sit through. I remember somebody on this forum explained how batshit the narrative of Curse of Bigfoot is (it's essentially a lousy student film short followed by a framing device that allows them to repackage an old mummy movie), but it's not even entertaining to sit through.
My personal example is Shock Waves. The Nazi aquazombies are kinda iconic (they had a big display in the Monroeville Mall zombie museum back in the day) but the actual movie is rather dull and full of zombies shambling around an island at a leisurely pace.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Most recently, it's not boring exactly but The Royal Hotel (2023) spends 90% of its runtime setting up something really interesting and then does absolutely nothing with it. I saw it at a festival last month and was livid I'd wasted my time watching it instead of waiting in line for a movie I actually wanted to see (AGGRO DR1FT).

AGGRO DR1FT was also kind of boring and pointless too, but I appreciated it as a curiosity.

Sierra Nevadan
Nov 1, 2010

Skinamarink

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Avengers. Don't know if it's worse than Avengers 2 because I was done with those movies after seeing the first one.

Halloween Jack posted:

At least they got their poopie suits

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Halloween Jack posted:

The movie is terrible, but that's one of my favorite episodes. "Is your face odd, misshapen? Join the Air Force!"

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

It's probably because I was twelve or so when I saw it, but Aguirre, the Wrath of God was incredibly dull. This was the first foreign film DVD my grandparents and I encountered, we had both the subtitles and English language voice track on. The highlights of the movie was the line "poo poo on Pizarro!" and any time the vocal and subtitle track differed.

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
Into Great Silence, AKA Die große Stille

I thought I was ok with slow paced documentaries, but it's one of the few movies I ever walked out on

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

Into Great Silence, AKA Die große Stille

I thought I was ok with slow paced documentaries, but it's one of the few movies I ever walked out on

I'm not sure what level of excitement you were expecting from cloistered monks who spend most of their day praying.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

in the rate the latest movie you just watched thread i posted that mandy was "maybe the most boring, annoying movie i've ever watched"

a lot of people disagreed with me but i stand firm in my opinion

also lamb sucked, too

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Dog_Meat posted:

Plenty of artsy or plain bad films that I could post, but Scott Pilgrim Vs The World made me feel like Grandpa Simpson wondering WTF I was watching. Was I supposed to like any of the characters? Am I supposed to know what's happening with all these.. oh, another fight scene. Oh wait... it's a guitar battle or something? Yay! Graphics that I guess is a gaming reference?

Clearly I'm not the audience this film was made for, but my god I was glad to turn it off.

Holy poo poo yes, I expected to like it going in and noooooope.

ianmacdo
Oct 30, 2012

sean10mm posted:

Holy poo poo yes, I expected to like it going in and noooooope.

They are remaking it as a cartoon now. Got all the same actors to do voices too

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Gavok posted:

Yeah, Starfighters is certainly up there. I remember in the MST3K Colossal Episode Guide, Frank Conniff said that people would come up to him and ask why they even did that movie to begin with. It's so dry and repetitive.

There are certain MST3K/Rifftrax movies that sound bonkers on paper, but are just a drag to sit through. I remember somebody on this forum explained how batshit the narrative of Curse of Bigfoot is (it's essentially a lousy student film short followed by a framing device that allows them to repackage an old mummy movie), but it's not even entertaining to sit through. Similarly, I recently watched Astro-Zombies and despite it being about John Carradine as a mad scientist creating cyborg zombies that go around strangling women, with both government agents and a spy syndicate investigating it, it really feels like nothing happens throughout. The scenes of Carradine and his greasy Igor doing mundane science stuff seems to go on for 15 minutes at a time.

Monster a Go-Go is certainly a movie that is just too awful to sit through despite having the most ridiculous non-ending.

That was also a big disappointment for me. It's a legendary bad movie! Starring Tura Santana! Tom "Icky Elf" Pace! Wendell Corey is literally dying as they filmed it! But the movie is mostly cars parking, the mundane science stuff you mentioned, and a nightclub.

I should have just watched Frankenstein Meets the Space Monster again.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The Box takes a great Twilight Zone episode and stretches it out into 2 hours, to the detriment of the audience’s time.

Total waste of time, poo poo movie. There’s a reason that Twilight Zone episode was only 20 minutes long, dipshits.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Halloween Jack posted:

Fortunately you have The Skydivers which is just as dull and more pointless.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Coleman Francis' movies all have the same point, that the universe is a desolate void and we will all die alone and unloved.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Failson posted:

That was also a big disappointment for me. It's a legendary bad movie! Starring Tura Santana! Tom "Icky Elf" Pace! Wendell Corey is literally dying as they filmed it! But the movie is mostly cars parking, the mundane science stuff you mentioned, and a nightclub.

I should have just watched Frankenstein Meets the Space Monster again.

Is it part of the Birdemic Cinematic Universe?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Made in USA is the only film I've ever fallen asleep while watching. Cashback is the film whose existence makes me the most annoyed.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Most biopics of a famous person.
Its pointless as you will never one that goes 'yeah he/she was a real lovely person', and they change things to make it more story worth.
So you don't know what's real, what was made up to trick you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

happyhippy posted:

Most biopics of a famous person.
Its pointless as you will never one that goes 'yeah he/she was a real lovely person', and they change things to make it more story worth.
So you don't know what's real, what was made up to trick you.

That's why I liked Van Gogh (1991) a lot. It totally eschews the typical biopic by being very quotidian.