Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

The Lion King 2019.

There is absolutely nothing good to say about it. A terrible shot-for-shot remake with hyper-realistic animals that can’t and don’t emote. “Can You Feel the Love Tonight” taking place during the daytime lmao. Bored voice acting from everyone, who just seemed to be doing the bare minimum for a fat Disney paycheck. “Be Prepared” erased sans a few of the final lines half-sung.

I saw this for free in theaters during my company’s family fun night and I still felt swindled and pissed that I got my dumb rear end out of the house to watch it. There was no rhyme or reason to this existing since it’s almost an exact copy of the original much like the 1998 Psycho remake is to the 1960 film right down to camera shots, dialog, and score. There was nothing fresh or original about it.

Disney could have tried something a little different so that it could have followed the original while introducing new ideas to keep it fresh, but they decided to keep it safe and familiar, instead. Those inexpressive animals, tho. Good lord, at least give them expressive eyes because the eyes can do a lot of the work. Instead, we got “:geno: Long live the king. :geno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU