Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
I'll stick my neck out and submit a sacred cow (while conceding that I probably wouldn't call it "pointless" and can acknowledge that it's well shot and acted so it's only a partial example anyway): I'm sorry but I've tried three separate times and Rosemary's Baby has just never done anything for me and I can legit say it's one of those most boring movies I've ever seen. I think it's mostly because it feels like for so much of the running time the audience is waaaayyyy ahead of Rosemary as far as her predicament goes and while I guess that was meant to be suspenseful I just found it really tedious. Maybe you had to be there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

I AM GRANDO posted:

This film is the perfect example of something pointless. Taxi Driver already exists and was made in response to the cultural conditions of the 1970s. Why do we need a movie in the present that responds to the cultural conditions of the 1970s? What’s the point? Novelty that it can be recreated?

Not to pile on, but yeah I'll have to say Joker is pretty high on the "pointless and boring" list for me, too. I was especially annoyed how the movie went out of its way to pretty much not comment or provide any form of judgment on the character from any direction. I know all movies actually have the audience provide their own meaning and all that, but I should at least feel the illusion that the movie is saying something. As it is all I can do is shrug, "Can't say I like this Joker fella, and I don't particularly care whose fault that is."