Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
The Starfighters is on my shortlist for Worst of All Time. Even MST3K can't make it interesting to watch. I suppose I can't call it "pointless," since it's a propaganda film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Gavok posted:

There are certain MST3K/Rifftrax movies that sound bonkers on paper, but are just a drag to sit through. I remember somebody on this forum explained how batshit the narrative of Curse of Bigfoot is (it's essentially a lousy student film short followed by a framing device that allows them to repackage an old mummy movie), but it's not even entertaining to sit through.
My personal example is Shock Waves. The Nazi aquazombies are kinda iconic (they had a big display in the Monroeville Mall zombie museum back in the day) but the actual movie is rather dull and full of zombies shambling around an island at a leisurely pace.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
"No Gimmicks Needed" Steve the Samurai (dir. Ferrara, 2002)

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
All horror movies are about stuff that people are afraid of

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Magic Hate Ball posted:

That was such a weird experience the first time I saw it, because I think it just didn't translate well for American audiences who aren't familiar with the story or with British spy stuff. I saw it again after watching the 70s miniseries and liked it a lot more, but the first time around all the stuff that's suggested or elided completely flew over my head and I just had no idea what was going on.
TTSS is great, but I still think that an intricate spy novel was an odd choice to adapt to a silent film. I didn't understand the plot until I rewatched it with the optional captions that explain what the characters are saying. I also wish they had done more with the music, like a real old timey silent film, since there's no audible dialogue to worry about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Leave the World Behind is almost as boring as an Obama speech of similar length.