Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Halloween Jack posted:

The Starfighters is on my shortlist for Worst of All Time. Even MST3K can't make it interesting to watch. I suppose I can't call it "pointless," since it's a propaganda film.

Yeah, Starfighters is certainly up there. I remember in the MST3K Colossal Episode Guide, Frank Conniff said that people would come up to him and ask why they even did that movie to begin with. It's so dry and repetitive.

There are certain MST3K/Rifftrax movies that sound bonkers on paper, but are just a drag to sit through. I remember somebody on this forum explained how batshit the narrative of Curse of Bigfoot is (it's essentially a lousy student film short followed by a framing device that allows them to repackage an old mummy movie), but it's not even entertaining to sit through. Similarly, I recently watched Astro-Zombies and despite it being about John Carradine as a mad scientist creating cyborg zombies that go around strangling women, with both government agents and a spy syndicate investigating it, it really feels like nothing happens throughout. The scenes of Carradine and his greasy Igor doing mundane science stuff seems to go on for 15 minutes at a time.

Monster a Go-Go is certainly a movie that is just too awful to sit through despite having the most ridiculous non-ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

bucketybuck posted:

The Dead Don't Die.

Genuinely insulting in how much of a pretentious, masturbatory waste of time that movie is.

I was genuinely angry by the end of it when it became so very clear that the director had no respect for his audience.

It wasn't entirely pointless. It did give us Adam Driver saying, "GHOULS."

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

The Dead Don't Die might have the best cast in an absolute dog poo poo movie.

I mean, Pottersville is up there.