Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

100723_2
Oct 8, 2023

Duck and Cover posted:

Pretty sure a gun would be more useful than a big key.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100723_2
Oct 8, 2023

a minimum existence at less than 33 cents per minute

100723_2
Oct 8, 2023

satanic splash-back posted:

I feel confident I could use a keyblade as a weapon

only talk to me if you're talkin meta-keyblade & up

100723_2
Oct 8, 2023

sure okay posted:

Ur right op every hero should use long range sarin gas mortars, white phosphorous RPGs, and uranium tipped shrapnel rounds

:hmmyes:

100723_2
Oct 8, 2023

Duck and Cover posted:

Lol what kind of reasoning is that? If they're old enough to shoot a real gun they are old enough to play games with guns in them.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

but it unlocks doors too. seems efficient?

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
A keyblade is an elegant weapon...

For a clown!

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Poil posted:

The keyblade is a TERRIBLE weapon, and here is why:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nqFX7q1yUk

Can you believe that one dude had a random rear end thought and made a post on a forum about it in like 30 seconds and another guy had the exact same thought and made a 15 minutes Youtube about it?

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
The key is magical you doofus

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!
If you sharpened the key part it would pretty much be an axe.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
if it's not effective how was sora able to defeat ansem/sephiroth/the ice titan/kurt zisa/ursula/jafar/oogie boogie/captain hook/hades/maleficent/behemoth/chernabog with it? asinine discussion. topic locked.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
A keyblade is an metaphor for a penile erection system. They hosed their way to the top.

No not Sora. It was goofy.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

mickey mouse did all of that and gave sora credit because he'd rather operate from the shadows and let a keyblade wielding doofus like sora occupy the spotlight

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

You're right. It's time for Square Enix to leverage its IPs and have Sora meet up with Kane and Lynch to teach him the importance of firearms and psychiatric meds.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Toxic Mental posted:

but it unlocks doors too. seems efficient?

one thing's for sure, they're not gonna be any cities they can't get into in the early game

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

what about a sword the size of a key, instead of the other way around. I bet that could do some damage.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Well yeah, have you seen the size of their keys?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Duck and Cover posted:

Does Sora not know how to use a gun? Pretty sure a gun would be more useful than a big key. Much like Shadow is superior to Sonic I think we can agree an edgier Sora that uses a gun would totally be better. Disney/Square Enix you've got the money, you can afford to hire me.

depends how heavy it is. you could probably cave in someones head with it,

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

depends how heavy it is. you could probably cave in someones head with it,

There has not been a single mass killing using a keyblade.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Scruffyhawk posted:

is this true

Yes. I've seen it, multiple times. As have many other people. There is photographic and even video evidence, from multiple different angles. OP tried to claim it wasn't them. They took a polygraph test to clear their name, but the results were inconclusive. PM me for evidence.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Duck and Cover posted:

There has not been a single mass killing using a keyblade.

you gotta improve agility. once you do that you can jump around and like anime montage peoples heads in.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
https://youtube.com/shorts/4BZMEdAIRY0?feature=shared

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

The keyblade is for unlocking hearts OP

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Nix Panicus posted:

The keyblade is for unlocking hearts OP

Guns can do that. PEW PEW PEW PEW

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

more like peeblade

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Dragonstoned posted:

There are no guns because its a kids game for children

and it not making sense is because its a kids game for children

Metal Slug is a kids game for children

Metal Slug has guns

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Cubone posted:

if it's not effective how was sora able to defeat ansem/sephiroth/the ice titan/kurt zisa/ursula/jafar/oogie boogie/captain hook/hades/maleficent/behemoth/chernabog with it? asinine discussion. topic locked.

he bribed all of those motherfuckers, aside from maleficent cause she can't be bought but she's deathly allergic to duck feathers so he won by nature of being friends with a duck

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
metal slug owns

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

how about this it's metal slug but all of the characters are animes, instead of guns they have keyblades, and instead of shooting bad guys you watch these anime characters exposit 17 hours of dialog about the most inane poo poo imaginable, the game's title is Metal Slug: 7/420 Key-Jangle Remembrance

worm girl
Feb 12, 2022

Can you hear it too?
I dunno OP it seems pretty powerful in the games.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

my preferred weapon is a warhammer with a garage door opener attached

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

It's pretty much one of the ugliest, wackest, lamest weapon designs in the bizz OP

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i think a few people in this thread need to attend a 3 hour kingdom hearts university lecture

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Bo6Cbeq18k

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Bad Purchase posted:

my preferred weapon is a warhammer with a garage door opener attached

which warhammer, like a space marine or an ork or what

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
It's a length of rod with a handle and an end with some pointy bits. What about it doesn't seem effective at at least clubbing someone upside the head with it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

too unwieldy. also it looks silly