Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

CBJSprague24 posted:

https://twitter.com/jonostrower/status/1716463941298323664?t=MZKLVvoVNtCjBa7KKnURIQ&s=19

I guess trying to ride the jump seat is going to be fun for a while, huh?

:catstare:

quote:

The suspect, Alaska Airlines pilot Joseph D. Emerson, 44, was charged with 83 counts of attempted murder and endangering an aircraft, both felonies, according to the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office. Emerson was booked into the county jail early Monday. He also faces 83 counts of reckless endangerment, a misdemeanor. He was off-duty when he was in the cockpit.

Just kill yourself, jesus.

Do they teach pilots hand-to-hand?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

PT6A posted:

I think the leaded gasoline hypothesis is just far too convenient an excuse for that poo poo. I don't think lead is good for you, obviously, but I doubt it turned a very specific subset of one generation into raving lunatics. That theory exists because we don't want to accept that mee-maw and paw-paw are just fuckin' PRICKS of their own volition.

That cuts both ways. A lot of people don't want to believe--or consider the implications--that we're all the sum of a zillion external factors, an unknown number of them environmental, and that being a fuckin' PRICK isn't some separate metaphysical state that's either in your nature or not, fated to happen eventually or never.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

PT6A posted:

Well, there's also many people who were raised by people with PTSD, and breathed all the leaded gas fumes, and didn't turn out to be pricks, or are stereotypical boomer assholes only in one or two aspects of their life/worldview.

Very few developmental factors are completely binary, where X condition always produces Y result. The existence of exceptions does not by itself say anything about whether PTSD parents or leaded fuel are contributors.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

shame on an IGA posted:

Hadn't heard that acronym before and discovered some serious Graphic design is my passion

https://www.faa.gov/sites/faa.gov/files/2022-03/WATRS.pdf

That first slide looks suspiciously like an MS Publisher template.