Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

PT6A posted:

Don't argue with the examiner, you will lose. Before *checks notes* today I thought this would be common sense, but now everyone gets reminded!

Sounds like there's a story to share here, suitably anonymized

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

That's some impressive precision flying. I wonder if the pilot built it in different vertical layers, to avoid loving up already-drawn lines while doing others.

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

Kwolok posted:

https://new.reddit.com/r/CatastrophicFailure/comments/1aphiic/dashcam_footage_of_the_bombardier_challenger/

This is nuts. He nearly made it it feels like. Amazingly all the passengers died but the crew did not. I'll be curious to hear the full investigation that led to the dual engine failure but the airmanship here seems impressive given the situation.

It's the exact opposite of that, both crew died and all passengers got out. It looks like after the right wing struck the sound barrier wall, the aircraft's nose rotated towards and struck the wall, which probably made this accident nonsurvivable for anyone up front. The rear section of the fuselage remained mostly intact and the passengers were able to get out before it burned.

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

Kwolok posted:

Piper archer but point taken. I'm just trying to figure out if this is worth raising a stink over 100ppm

https://www.cpsc.gov/Safety-Education/Safety-Education-Centers/Carbon-Monoxide-Information-Center/Carbon-Monoxide-Questions-and-Answers

CPSC posted:

The health effects of CO depend on the CO concentration and length of exposure, as well as each individual's health condition. CO concentration is measured in parts per million (ppm). Most people will not experience any symptoms from prolonged exposure to CO levels of approximately 1 to 70 ppm but some heart patients might experience an increase in chest pain. As CO levels increase and remain above 70 ppm, symptoms become more noticeable and can include headache, fatigue and nausea. At sustained CO concentrations above 150 to 200 ppm, disorientation, unconsciousness, and death are possible.

Yeah, I'd raise a stink. If 100ppm can cause headache, fatigue and nausea? That's a flight safety issue.