Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'
You can’t use randomness as a cover for over-investigating brown suspicious people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'

Kwolok posted:

Is there any other "Don't buy this you idiot" things I should know before pulling the trigger on them?

Only if you don’t like being a cool and good-looking rebel that snubs their nose at the Bose/DC mainstream.

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Rolo posted:

Maybe I’m just having a mid life thing but I’m really starting to kick the idea around. Also don’t tell the NC thread.

I don’t think any of us would blame you for fleeing CLT

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Kwolok posted:

But I don't want to risk it having seen what leaded gas did to an entire generation.

Not to downplay risks of taking lead baths, but that’s from inhaled lead exposure, not contact exposure

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

My CO monitor often flashes 100ppm or so for a bit right after landing Cherokees, I think there’s just something about the exhaust position and aerodynamics that does it. But at 100-200 I think you’ve got a few hours of continuous exposure before symptoms really kick in, it’s when you get 400+ that it becomes an immediate problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Kwolok posted:

What is the best website to see real time tracking of general aviation planes, not just big commercial jets

They all do it, it’s just more likely that a GA puttering along low to the ground is more likely to disappear in gaps in the receiver network. Just a question of who has better coverage in the specific area you’re looking in