Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Dunno, but the fire buttons in the EC135 cuts off the fuel and discharges the extinguisher and I'm pretty sure the FADEC wont let you restart the engine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Kwolok posted:

20 minute drive with no traffic but it easily becomes a 45 minute with, and that's just one way. For me, barriers for entry are barriers, and sitting in a plane is at least more time to familiarize myself with the cockpit. And honestly I drive by my airfield all the time and it really never seems that busy...

Like I believe you that it might be the most busy but I wonder if its really that crazy?

I would pick the more quiet airfield in a heartbeat. Even an hours drive would easily be worth it.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Sagebrush posted:

To cruise at more than maybe 150 knots you're going to want to be making tech worker money,

Say, a Vans RV14 will easily do that and will be cheaper than any Cessna.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Jet A1 is way worse that Avgas anyway.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

We find a place to land, do our business, and carry on?

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

PT6A posted:

you can't beat yourself up about it, and you need to know that I don't loving care and that ain't what keeps me awake at night.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

I did my PPL fixed wing on weekends and it ended up taking 18 months and probably 10 hours more than I would have needed, had I been able to fly more often.
My CPL Heli took 4 months (full time) and I flew everyday (sometimes twice) and lived/breathed aviation and it was awesome.

I think the biggest thing I saw, was that you have to be willing to work. The school will (hopefully) provide all the info you need, but it's still up to you to learn it.
Work and study hard and keep the eye on the price.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Ziploc and store it in a different pocket.
Avgas isn't too bad, but Jetfuel only takes a tiny drop to stink up a room.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

If you still have to do paper navigation and not just follow the magenta line, practicing in the sim is extremely useful.

A logitech 3D joystick is plenty for that.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

https://www.merrell.com/CA/en_CA/trail-glove-7/56426M.html?dwvar_56426M_color=J068139

I love these.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Only flown a Da20 and it's really nice for what it is. Da40 is supposedly even nicer.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Kwolok posted:

Hey man I just picked these up, they feel great, though I'm not too sure on what the fit is supposed to be like for shoes like this...

If you run in them, fairly snug, if not, whatever's comfortable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Rolo posted:

somehow good scrambled eggs.

Why can’t it always be at least passable

Hah, I had similar recently, where the scrambled eggs at the buffet were actually decent!.