Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Unless I'm on the inside curve pointing straight at oncoming traffic the high beams stay on and I laugh at your puny protest flashes.
I am Most Important Man. Most Important Man in the World.

Two Kings posted:

I remember the days when FedEx used to have a spot on their application to log your Space Shuttle piloting time.

So how does that work? Do you log the whole week the shuttle is on orbit? Or do you log only the times you maneuver, rest of the time gravity is doing all the work.

Similarly with airliners, do you log the time you are sleeping in the berth?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Unless I'm on the inside curve pointing straight at oncoming traffic the high beams stay on and I laugh at your puny protest flashes.

Bob A Feet posted:

So you’re the reason why I keep getting emails about butterknives through my company? Where’s that meme of the guy spreading cream cheese on a bagel with the crash ax?

Now I am even more grateful for the small plastic butter knives mom gave me when she sent me out to the world. My sister keeps coveting them, maybe I'll give one of them as a Christmas present.

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

on that note has anyone ever had a, uh, bathroom emergency in the cockpit? i have peed in a bottle but that's it

Well as a glider pilot I'm supposed to have bathroom breaks regularly on long flights, but I'm ashamed to admit I have never been able to pull it of. Strapped in a 4-point harness, almost laying in the seat in a tiny, maximally aerodynamical cockpit. The flight stick right in front of the joy stick and I'm supposed to pee in a plastic bag and throw it out. I just have never been able to find a position where I could do it. Maybe if I was John Holmes and I could just stick the pipe out of the ventilation hatch.

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

ImplicitAssembler posted:

We find a place to land, do our business, and carry on?

It's the carry on that is usually the issue. You either carry on and hold it in, or you don't carry on and call the recovery team.

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

That post has been deleted.

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

GPS jamming has been pretty much constant presence in south-eastern Finland and has been increasing. In 2023 there were 239 reported cases, while during the first three months of 2024 there has been over 900 cases. There is interference reported yesterday and probably today too.

https://gpsjam.org/?lat=62.74232&lon=31.18603&z=5.1&date=2024-04-13

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Pretty certainly Russia. A valid reason would be to try to prevent Ukrainian drones from navigating over the border. Another likely reason is just being a nuisance.