Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

Got my private in 2011, passed my instrument ride today. It was a harrowing experience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

I wear a disposable nitrile glove when I'm doing preflight so 100LL doesn't touch my skin when I'm sumping fuel or whatever. I've never seen anyone else do it.

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

The 40, 42, 50, and 62 all run jet A (or brand new ones anyway). The 42/50/62 also have fadec. So the multis are single power lever. And they have long wings that don't fit in 40ft T hangars. And probably a bunch of other weird quirks too.

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

Fake answer, push lever receive FADEC

I'm a dumb fixed pitch pilot as well and I'm curious about this, and also how one determines they are at X% power, like "I cruise at WOT 70% power" (???)

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

I am average size and I sit very high up and all the way forward or else I feel like I have to move around to see over the nose and extend my feet all the way on the pedals. The way some people sit I can't imagine how they can use the controls smoothly or see anything.