Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Wombot posted:

I'm deciding on online ground schools right now for ppl. Apparently Kings is extremely cringe, and still VHS quality.

Sporty's is updated with modern graphics, and available on a bunch of platforms including Roku???

Gleim is another contender, but I'm not finding much independent info on it.
Embrace Kings, it might be old and cringy, but it works. Plus they've got a sale on right now for their 50th anniversary, ends next Thursday the 15th:

$250 off Career Bundles
$150 off Get-It-All kits
$50 off Ground School, Checkride and Combo courses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Walrusmaster posted:

Now I feel short, I set the C172 seat 7 turns from the top :(
I go up about 10-12 turns from the bottom, sometimes I wonder if I'm too high up, but it gives me a good sight.

yellowD posted:

I don't trust the cessna rails, so I want to hear a good click and push against the seat during preflight
My school has a rail locks on all seats. The only problem is there's one or two planes where the rail lock is so far forward that it makes getting in and out tough. I've asked a couple times to have them relocate that lock a couple inches further back, but no luck.

After being away for a bit over five months, I'm finally getting back to finishing my PPL. I've got about 90min of solo XC and 45min of foggle time left to do, Then it's just pounding away in practice trying to get myself to checkride spec. My written expires in September, so I have a bit of time, but I really need to stop lollygagging.