Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Sometimes people just look really good at the combine ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

EmbryoSteve posted:

8. ATLANTA FALCONS: QB MALIK WILLIS, LIBERTY
I mentioned this on my show last week: It’s a bit surprising there isn’t more national buzz surrounding the Falcons taking a quarterback early. The Falcons went all-in for Deshaun Watson, traded away Matt Ryan for a third-round pick and signed Marcus Mariota to a team-friendly deal that has just $6,750,000 in total guarantees, plus Mariota has a concerning injury history.

Willis (born in Atlanta) blew teams away during the interview process and comes off as a really genuine guy. He didn't have a strong supporting cast at Liberty, but his ability and upside is easy to see. Mariota is one of the nicest people in the league and will take Willis under his wing as he makes the transition to the NFL. If the Falcons pass on a quarterback here, keep in mind they have two second-round picks and two third-round picks to try to move back into the first round (Matt Corral has also been linked to them)
https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2022...%20Ari%20Meirov

Liberty U has a football team?

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

It's debatable

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I’m glad that C.J. Stroud is good because dismissing prospects purely on the historical output of the school they played for was always loving stupid.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

How about dismissing him based on the output of a made up, for-profit, cognitive abilities test?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Can a guy really be "dismissed" for either when he went where he did?

Pretty sure everyone said "test dumb" at the time.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

BlindSite posted:

Can a guy really be "dismissed" for either when he went where he did?

Pretty sure everyone said "test dumb" at the time.

I’m just talking about posters, not GMs. Not that Ohio State needs someone to cape for them, but it was tiresome to see “never draft an Ohio State QB” every time they had a prospect, as if there was any connection between like, Art Schlichter and Justin Fields.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
There's so many parroted stupid poo poo with the draft every single year because it's a spectacle now. You can probably bingo card the draft thread.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Just went back and watched the first half of the Panthers game I missed this morning. Bryce looked a lot better this week - compared to last. At least I guess some of the stuff they were talking about doing to make life a little better seems to have paid off some. Plays seemed to come in a little quicker and there was more direct three step drops and less slow developing mesh and rub routes that just haven't been working. I've also noticed there's a few of those chemistry things that are starting to come together less balls being put where the receiver wasn't expecting and less of receivers just giving up on plays because they're expecting Bryce to gun it, even if they're covered because for whatever faults he does have Bryce can find a window some guys just couldn't with his accuracy and placement.

That being said the second half from the Panthers was pretty disappointing. They got away from the run game that had been working and there seemed to be a lot of just plain old bad blocking, poo poo play design and bad performances - especially on third down.

Its damning with faint praise but at least there was some improvement this week.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

They want to be the evangelical Notre Dame according to the Falwells, which involves huge investment in the football program. 6-0 this season, with a very good coach.

Nevermind that Notre Dame have both actual history in sports and also just respected academics and doesn't have insane rules.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
:redflag:
Liberty, whose website[16] and officials[17] speak of "training Champions for Christ", requires undergraduate students to take three Evangelical Bible-studies classes.[18] The university's honor code, called the "Liberty Way", prohibits premarital sex, cohabitation, any kind of romantic relationship between members of the same sex,[19] and alcohol use.[20][21]

Described as a "bastion of the Christian right", the university played a prominent role in Republican politics under Falwell and his son and successor Jerry Falwell Jr.;[22] in 2021, Liberty interim president Jerry Prevo said getting conservative candidates elected to office was "one of our main goals".[23]

lol?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

BlindSite posted:

Just went back and watched the first half of the Panthers game I missed this morning. Bryce looked a lot better this week - compared to last. At least I guess some of the stuff they were talking about doing to make life a little better seems to have paid off some. Plays seemed to come in a little quicker and there was more direct three step drops and less slow developing mesh and rub routes that just haven't been working. I've also noticed there's a few of those chemistry things that are starting to come together less balls being put where the receiver wasn't expecting and less of receivers just giving up on plays because they're expecting Bryce to gun it, even if they're covered because for whatever faults he does have Bryce can find a window some guys just couldn't with his accuracy and placement.

That being said the second half from the Panthers was pretty disappointing. They got away from the run game that had been working and there seemed to be a lot of just plain old bad blocking, poo poo play design and bad performances - especially on third down.

Its damning with faint praise but at least there was some improvement this week.

It really kind of looked like the dolphins didn’t run anything special in the first quarter on offense or defense, and then decided to score thirty five unanswered points. Panthers are a BAD bad team.

Bryce still rolls out like there isn’t a 250 pound monster who’s faster than him on his heels.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Doltos posted:

There's so many parroted stupid poo poo with the draft every single year because it's a spectacle now. You can probably bingo card the draft thread.

What would the Doltos bingo card quote be?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Telling people obvious poo poo that good players deserve to be drafted high and the logo on your helmet in college doesn't dictate your future, common sense poo poo that is somehow lost on morons that afk post draft pundit opinions

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Do we have a draft thread up yet this year?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

It really kind of looked like the dolphins didn’t run anything special in the first quarter on offense or defense, and then decided to score thirty five unanswered points. Panthers are a BAD bad team.

Bryce still rolls out like there isn’t a 250 pound monster who’s faster than him on his heels.

With his eyes downfield looking for a completion. He's moving off the spot still looking to throw, it's not panicked which is the difference.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

that was quick

quote:

ESPN’s Stephen Holder reports Colts QB Anthony Richardson (shoulder) is likely to miss the remainder of the season.

Richardson was placed on injured reserve following the team’s Week 5 game. This seems to confirm suspicions that the electric rookie quarterback was considering season-ending surgery to address an AC joint injury. It could be the Gardner Minshew show in Indianapolis for the rest of the 2023 season.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Who could have seen that coming

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
And to think the colts could have had William Levis.

Nov 6, 2002

Doltos posted:

Telling people obvious poo poo that good players deserve to be drafted high and the logo on your helmet in college doesn't dictate your future, common sense poo poo that is somehow lost on morons that afk post draft pundit opinions

ok but that won't fit on a bingo card

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Put mistaken about top QB

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Reich is handing over play calling to the OC. I thought this might happen during the bye. Wonder it I'll make a difference (it wont).

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

I was curious about how Mac Jones compared to Zach Wilson. The numbers are fairly close all things considered.

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/stats/mac-jones-zach-wilson.php

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Yes they're both bad quarterbacks who are bad. The main thing is that Patriots fans deserve like 20 more years of this.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

"Daltos"

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Will Levis is a future HS QB coach if you wanna be nice about it

Malik Willis is worthy of a first round pick if you wanna be mean

Nov 6, 2002

Anderson Koopa posted:

I was curious about how Mac Jones compared to Zach Wilson. The numbers are fairly close all things considered.

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/stats/mac-jones-zach-wilson.php

What's amazing about Jones is each season and thru each game he gets continually gets worse. I think he actually peaked like mid season of his rookie year. By the end of the year he won't even be able to field a snap.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

What's amazing about Jones is each season and thru each game he gets continually gets worse. I think he actually peaked like mid season of his rookie year. By the end of the year he won't even be able to field a snap.

"We have trained him wrong, as a joke."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D-4zgezQE4

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

What's it say that I read this post and thought it was about Danny Dimes?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Forrest on Fire posted:

Will Levis is a future HS QB coach if you wanna be nice about it

Malik Willis is worthy of a first round pick if you wanna be mean

I should have known that patting a ball a lot is an indicator of failure regardless of how much Tom Brady does it

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Official official, I guess.
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1714661440101941609?s=20

Nov 6, 2002

Was he injured in college too?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Frequently.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

He had the meniscus tear once but other than that it was concussion protocol stuff. He doesn't need an injury history though considering he runs head first into people

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Constantly, not necessarily huge injuries but he was constantly banged up

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Every Florida game I watched with him involved some variation of “and Richardson gets up a little gingerly and is limping off the field.”

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Richardson seems like a cautionary tale for any large QB inspired by Josh Allen’s recklessness

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

AndrewP posted:

Richardson seems like a cautionary tale for any large QB inspired by Josh Allen’s recklessness

They just don't make 'em like they used to

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJCp_CrZQhI&ab_channel=TheQBSchool

Good Ep on the dolphins game this week and JT kinda confirms what jumped out for me anyway. The offensive line play not really up to snuff, but the anticipation and trust from Bryce with his receivers has improved. There are some not great things starting to creep in that come just from getting hit too much. Throwing a touch early, being a tad twitchy but he's still hanging in there when needed and eating a shot and he's still almost reminding himself in play to let things come to him, its interesting to see.

I hope the change in play caller sees some change because more than once JT points out a play thats "old football" at one point he said, this play is so old its like watching jurassic park, which - ooof. There's also several occasions where he says "this isn't on Bryce - it's scheme and points out there's no hot read, or no receiver breaking when they should be under pressure etc.

But there's some great throws over guys and around guys and in tight windows.

Man needs some help post 2500.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Stroud supremacy