Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

FizFashizzle posted:

Actually it’s not funny. It’s bad and sad.

He’s closer to burrow and mahomes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Despera posted:

looks like herbert to me

clearly a straight man—herbie is way hotter, which leads to better qb production

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

zimbomonkey posted:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/12/10/nfl-fans-felt-bad-bryce-young-panthers-saints

This poo poo again. Poor ol Bryce, thought of throwing and died.

As a fan of the bears, I’ve been somewhat enjoying this, but yesterday was just sad

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

wandler20 posted:

I think Herbert hit his ceiling if not regressed this year. He wasn't that great last year either. Good, but I'd say he's clinging to the top 10 at this point.

Herbie cannot fail, he can only be failed.

(I used to say that pretty unironically, but these days… my faith is wavering)

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

this is my theory on why herbert is so overrated

It’s essential to the eye test—Herbert is gorgeous. That said, I think purdy is a qt thus a good qb

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
If Steve Young counts, Kurt Warner, but yea it’s rare

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Which is why mvp or the Tom Brady Award should be for qbs, have a most outstanding player for skill position guys, and one for oline since even if they’d deserve mvp/mop/whatever, they’d never get it

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Ya, feels like the best chance for a non-qb to win this year, but even then those guys needed to put up Historic seasons (2000 yards, sack record, etc) and simply outstanding seasons just don’t cut it. Happy to be proven wrong though

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Dutchy posted:

It'd be funny if those guys came in and dropped 42. Shanahan makes his MVP case.

Honestly shanahan should be the mvp gently caress it

e: and obv bryce is the most valuable pup

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Literally Mr. Irrelevant. Already the most consequential Mr. Irrelevant all time. More impressive than undrafted in my opinion.

UDFA are by nature gonna be a way larger sample to hit on these long stretch scratchers, Purdy being Mr Irrelevant is just kinda a fun long shot. Not to take anything away from him—he’s great, but his story and Kurt Warner’s are both in the same realm of Cool

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

AndrewP posted:

“Mahomes” isn’t exactly a classic Football Guy name either but you get used to it

Bortles had no chance, though

Having a funny name did get him eternal fame in The Good Place at least

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Nervous posted:

He'll go down in history.

As a cautionary tale.

a cautionary short story

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Shinji2015 posted:

If things stay as they are, yeah.

I've accepted it

Yea, looks like this and the Deshaun Watson trade are shaping up to be this era’s Ricky Williams/herschel walker, especially if the bears hit on qb with that pick (lol obv won’t happen but). People will forget about the Trey lance trade, cause niners success, so maybe also russ trade? Bears, trubs, mahomes, feels like too much hindsight, and the bears would’ve ruined mahomes etc

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Imagining shanahan starting a quote like burrow’s swag of “the championship window is open as long as I’m here” and then quickly transitioning to “but I may be dead tomorrow; we all may be dead tomorrow.”

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Chargers are technically horsies so I can’t fully get behind gently caress-all-horse-related teams, but gently caress the broncos, and gently caress the cowboys too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Corzaa posted:

What about the Colts?

I always forget about one n/afc south team and apparently it was the colts this time. gently caress ‘em too