Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Justin Fields is awful, of course Purdy is better than him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If you are worried about Maye being a bust because he looks punchable then you should be more worried about Caleb Williams being softer than baby food

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Purdy doesn't suck but he also could be replaced by about 10 guys in the league if they were dropped into the 49ers

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Source your quotes.

edit: or at least list them

In zero order.. Mahomes, Burrow, Herbert, Dak, Stroud, Hurts, Lamar, Allen, Cousins, Lawrence, Stafford, Tua

That is more than ten but I think all those guys can do what Purdy is doing right now, or better for some, if you dropped them on the 49ers. Again, that doesn't mean Purdy sucks but he's not like a top 5 QB in the NFL either. You could quibble about Stroud because of the body of work, but it's not like Purdys is huge either.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

xbilkis posted:

Sorry for using a Stat but it's kind of remarkable how slow the narrative on Howell has been to catch up to the reality

https://twitter.com/CDCarter13/status/1739714247532126409

I think a lot of the general population is still in a "promising young QB" place with him based on him posting some big numbers in the early part of the season, but dude has been straight dookie for a while and got benched in two straight games, both of which saw Jacoby Brissett immediately and significantly improve the offense's performance. Can't imagine the Commanders would hesitate to take a QB with their first rounder at this point if someone they like is on the board

Everyone knows he sucks, I don't think there is anything "quiet" about it

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

BiggerBoat posted:

After just one year I can think of several young, highly touted QB prospects I'd trade for Stroud right now.

Ignoring the most obvious ones (Wilson, Young, Murray, Tua, etc.), do you trade Trevor Lawrence, Justin Herbert, Jalen Hurts or even Josh Allen to Houston if you're the GM and the Texans would do it? I think he's already better than Trevor and Hurts.

Herbert and Allen are top 5 guys they don't belong lumped in with any of those other guys.

I like Stroud but I wouldn't go from Herbert or Allen to him

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Master Stur posted:

My hot take is Herbert is overrated like the rest of the chargers. If he was top 5 they'd be in the playoffs

Staley was a horrible coach, and everyone died this year

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Depending on who you believe, Shanahan wanted Mac Jones and not Lance. Considering his love of Kirk Cousins that isn't really that hard to believe

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Matthew Stafford was good outside of LA, Packers have had multiple QBs under multiple coaches be good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

MrLogan posted:

Stafford has always been bad.

No that's Derek Carr