Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

trevor lawrence is great. throws hard by default but can beat the coverage with a catchable ball and does so often. saw some of that last week. it was decided that trevor would be the smartest and most savvy qb in the nfl after a couple years. i don't think those things are going to happen but he'll still be in the running for those things. just not freakishly so. remember how andrew luck only reached 60% career completion after his final year? he really looked like everything that year. that was year 7. not my problem

trey lance doesn't have a place in the nfl. theoretically could still be a project. start really playing at age 26 or 27 like tony romo or somebody. i guess that is the plan of the dallas cowboys. they'll just draft somebody here in a year or two and get rid of that guy

kenny pickett reminds me of average qbs from the years 1997 through 2005. some of those guys would do a little something like jake plummer. but kenny isn't that much like that guy. that's just an example of a guy. i think he will win the super bowl

bryce young throws it to not a good place pretty often unless it's to the tight end for 6..... yards. not points. got you there. i don't know whose fault it is. he seems smart. i think he will not wash out

the rest i don't know. i don't know who that is. it's my fault

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it should be fine to keep pumping him up as the best young qb by far or calling him a fraud either way. when it comes after 10 games or 15 games it's the same thing

today purdy didn't miss on much of anything but when he did it was extremely costly. he and aiyuk carved up cincinnati's secondary and made it look like nobody was out there with a lot of those routes.. he made a couple of great throws and one of his worst throws wasn't as bad as it seemed because it was a fantastic defensive play that took advantage of his sharp vision and faked him into an interception. he looked very dumb on 1 or 2 plays but it was things that are more rare to happen and you need experience with stuff like that. he isn't going to gently lob a ball into a defender's hands near the goalline again, etc. couple of dropped balls. with people looking at numbers on a website it could have easily looked like he had a great game today instead of an awful one but it didn't fall that way. high variance

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Oct 30, 2023

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

all the people saying he's a bust who's full of poo poo and he doesn't have any blood or guts, just poo poo inside his body, will move onto the next kid next year. don't let them get you down

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

re-reading some of the thread from 1 month ago. i was right about bryce 1 m,onth ago. i was right about kenny pickett 1 month ago. trevor, not 100% sure i should have been that high on him. but i am still against the wave of calling him an average player or somehow even worse than that. we're going to call it 3 for 3 and i'll talk about some different young QBs next year. this really meant a lot to me everybody. you made it happen and you're a part of it

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

donovan peoples-jones was brought up to bolster the point about Nico Collins' college QB Shea Patterson

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i almost made a post about peoples-jones team also. mine was out of malice. i hate daltos and want him to look like the biggest fool out there

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i apologize for psoting in the wrong thread. i think some people were talking about the panthers and bears game in here, but if they weren't, it's still not my fault

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

stolen from cian who i understand who that is but it doesn't matter in this case and i don't like posting tweets these days

lmao at the routes and players running them for the carolina panthers. simple as

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

stroud hasn't beaten a good qb yet and doesn't face one this year. bryce has beaten the #1 or #2 mvp candidate. teams will have more digestible and easily adaptable film on stroud over the offseason. bryce hasn't been able to show his hand because of how the cards keep catching on fire, burning up, exploding, falling through the floorboards, melting, disintegrating, flash-eroding, dissolving, turning back into pure cellulose, etc. so he will remain a mystery going into year 2. advantage: don't know yet. i'm just fooling. i support giving the little fella time to level and gear up his heroes

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

justin herbert was insane and got a "hey that's pretty good for a rookie" reaction to it for whatever reason. e: 4300 yards, 31 TDs + 5 rushing in 15 games

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Nov 13, 2023

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

whos that broooown posted:

Joe Burrow isn't a good QB?

i wish you would have gone on the ride of that impish little devilish little post

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

this isn't a who's better post about anyone but stroud is in third place for yards per attempt and second place in adjusted yards per attempt while having the 28th ranked completion percentage in the league. that is pretty broken for those two things to happen at the same time. it's usually a weird outlier guy like 1998 chris chandler or 2013 foles when he looked like the best qb in the league for 10 games or whatever it was. he isn't a weird outlier guy or very much does not seem like it anyway. got no conclusion about it either. bye

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

trade bryce for a 2nd to a very proud gm who thinks he's a genius and then draft a large sized qb in the second round. just kidding. spend all of your money that you have in free agency and keep on brycing next year and the year after that. anything less would be uncivilized

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i think it's gonna be extra valuable to retain WRs when it comes to levis. he leaves a couple of completion percentage points on the table solely from strange throws that are unusual to catch in terms of approach angle, timing of the throw, and velocity. keep guys he likes who become very familiar with it all

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

mccaffrey needs a healthy purdy in order to win. purdy barely needed him to blow out the cowboys. purdy is the mvp :)

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't have a clue how somebody could genuinely protest matt ryan's mvp year besides hearing the name matt ryan and being a little weirdo about it. the one guy with an actual stronger case didn't make the playoffs and no major sports league is even going to consider that

baseball don't count. baseball is loving weird poo poo that should never be considered a sport because i'm weird

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Dec 14, 2023

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the cincinnati brownings are too low and in a weird place

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The anti-laser is essentially the opposite of traditional lasers, which emit light after enough energy is pumped into a light-amplifying material called the gain medium. In the anti-laser, the gain medium is replaced by an absorbing medium. Two light beams are shot into opposite ends of the anti-laser and are perfectly absorbed if the device is tuned to the right frequency.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

just kiddindg about what i said here. don't look

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Dec 20, 2023

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you've got to have baker mayfield in play for the mvp award.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

howell's unmoving chronicle

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the lowball offer for a maybe franchise qb will be like 45 million now. everything's shlucked up

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

kirios you shouldn't trade him. at least in my opinion.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

drat. i love that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

cowboys are honestly the enemy of horses. they weren't pals like those movies and such try to claim. they would hurt the horses a little bit hundreds of times per day and not take great care of them. just enough to do their job. go cowboys