Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

wandler20 posted:

The chart is very funny when comparing Young and Stroud.

https://twitter.com/HaydenWinks/status/1722647501390692626?s=20

Man the little bama boys could not be more different

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
As one of the early bryce defenders I am now wavering

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I wonder who they went after

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
He looked really really bad against the saints. I’m ready officially leave the “Bryce can absolutely still be a franchise qb” bandwagon I helped pioneer

I won’t jump on the bust bandwagon but he’s got a lot of work to do

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
BSs posts made me check the score and wow i expected… points. Wins a win I guess

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Bud you can’t have thin skin with 2 wins. It’ll eat you alive. Your post gave me hope. Reality took it away.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I WANT Bryce to be good. Soft spot for the small Bama boys who get poo poo on their rookie year.

Just hoped for a full good performance from him, not… recovering two of your own fumbles. But overall a win IS a win.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Drew Brees

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Ripleys believe it or not

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I am unironically thinking they have a rare opportunity this off-season to get a replacement caliber QB. Minus last season and simply signing baker mayfield.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Black Sunshine posted:

Baker is staying in Tampa

Well yeah the time to sign him was last season.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Fair as hell analysis. I honestly have to admit I agree with everything he says.

I’m terrified Miami tie themselves to Tua for 50m a year. He’s not that.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Fields > Mac has been glaringly obvious to anyone with a pulse, so I’d gladly take the dude in Miami as a prove it deal.

I feel like the system helps QBs and Fields would be no different

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
It’s genuinely impressive what the Texans have done, and how quickly they prove yet again that if your QB is that dude you’re going to do well.

It’s why I’m still iffy on a qb a lot of folks call elite - he just seems to crumble at the end - but seeing a guy like Stroud come in immediately and dominate… it’s fun and annoying. As a fan of a team hitched to mediocrity from a bama Qb I honestly feel panthers fans pain

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

AndrewP posted:

Who, Herbie? Or Trevor?

Lol i was going to say Burrow but now you’ve got me thinking

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I think Herbie is better than Burrow. Is that really that controversial? I genuinely didn’t realize. For some reason the shine came off burrow in my mind. I think he’s got a much better system, too. Maybe 2024 proves me wrong?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Kirios posted:

I consider Joe Burrow the best QB in the NFL so yeah I think that’s not a great take, even if Herbert is Top 5.

Yeah that’s insane to me. That’s pretty much where I’ll leave it. But I do understand making him top 5 so we’re pretty even there - splitting hairs at that point. Guess we will see how they bounce back

The337th posted:

dude just equated Tua to Bryce, lol

having anything but a Mahomes tier QB shatters some peoples brains

I called Tua a mediocre bama QB, which would be an upgrade for Bryce. I just said I could relate to panthers fans. I’ve said it all year in this very thread that I watch Bryce in the similar vein to Tua. You made the reach to calling Bryce mediocre.

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jan 15, 2024

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Double oops

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

The337th posted:

sure, I'm the one doing that when you're still trying to draw a meaningful comparison between them in this post too

Lmao nuance is lost on you huh. You’re the one who called Bryce mediocre and created the false equivalency.

Edit: Earlier in this thread I also called Tua my little Hawaiian. I don’t want you confused again - i don’t actually have any claim of ownership over Tua.

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jan 15, 2024

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
It was a throwaway comment about Tua being a small bama QB made in the thread about another small bama QB that you took seriously. You’re literally the only person who took that to them being equal players. I’d say that sums it up sufficiently and we can move on.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

The337th posted:

I guess if they weren't such smol boys it'd be easier for you to keep em straight, it's cool man

Pretending like I couldn’t pick my Hawaiian cutie out of a tiny qb lineup. that’s the MOST insulting 😡

(He’s not actually mine, remember!!)

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
well now i don’t know which way I’m being trolled so touche thread

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

BiggerBoat posted:

Good QB's put up better stat lines against good defenses than bad ones do. Crazy I know.

Good baseball pitchers have higher earned run averages against good hitting teams. It's insane.

I can’t figure out what the actual point of this post is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
after Hurts, on the cusp of Tua needing to get paid.. it’s really hard to have any faith in giving short Alabama QBs* lots of money.

*not a direct comparison, for the guy who got confused last time