Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

EmbryoSteve posted:

8. ATLANTA FALCONS: QB MALIK WILLIS, LIBERTY
I mentioned this on my show last week: It’s a bit surprising there isn’t more national buzz surrounding the Falcons taking a quarterback early. The Falcons went all-in for Deshaun Watson, traded away Matt Ryan for a third-round pick and signed Marcus Mariota to a team-friendly deal that has just $6,750,000 in total guarantees, plus Mariota has a concerning injury history.

Willis (born in Atlanta) blew teams away during the interview process and comes off as a really genuine guy. He didn't have a strong supporting cast at Liberty, but his ability and upside is easy to see. Mariota is one of the nicest people in the league and will take Willis under his wing as he makes the transition to the NFL. If the Falcons pass on a quarterback here, keep in mind they have two second-round picks and two third-round picks to try to move back into the first round (Matt Corral has also been linked to them)
https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2022...%20Ari%20Meirov

I think ranking Malik as the 8th-best QB to declare for that draft is probably fair...

Wait...

Oh.

:pwn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

What the gently caress is the center doing lmao, check out his whiffed shove and fall to the ground.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Mike N Eich posted:

I just like it when positions other than QB get the MVP award so I root for that to happen, its novel!

Either Grossi or Perna shared a take they'd heard elsewhere: after all the bullshit running backs have dealt with in terms of receiving fair compensation during their most productive years, it would be awesome for CMC to win the MVP this year.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

drat Ethan Hunt wasn't holding back that time

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

this guy is disparaging the legacy of zack kustok, brett basanez, and dan persa in this thread

the worst butchering of jacques cousteau i've ever seen

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

ozymandius1024 posted:

Nope, that went out the window this week. It is going to take way too much between roster turnover and getting the right coach and GM in place to make him look passable, and that poo poo just ain't happening.

There's some vid of Tepper chucking half of a drink out of his luxury suite onto some Jags fans and then storming away.

Keep the faith! He's ready to snap!

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

This seems like a rather unfulfilling conversation given that:

- there's disagreement on the relative importance and value of specific stats;

- there's a lack of consensus on how you compare certain stats when the seasons were 10+ years apart;

- the conclusions are being presented without specifying the subset of data being considered (not a criticism of the posters fyi, it would often be pedantic to upload spreadsheets or source all referenced data, and we're just posters; that being said, it adds to the asymmetry of the discussion);

- there's a lot of inherent bias to overcome, not in an NFCS fan vs Others sort of way (but sure that too), but in a "watching Bryce most weeks and developing an assessment over time" versus "knowing Bryce had it rough but analyzing stats from a less-defined initial position';

- and from my view, no matter how you slice the stats and categorize past QBs, the sample size is so small as to make any forecasting hugely unreliable. The list of QBs being debated is what, a dozen or so, from a time span of nearly two decades?

I just don't see how any assessment of Bryce Young’s future as a Panther (or any QB with any team) can hinge upon what transpired in a different organization with different ownership, management, coaching, skill players, draft and salary cap assets, quality of S&C and scouting, etc.

Debating the paths forward for the Carolina Panthers and Bryce Young is quite an intriguing conversation. Personally, I don't see how the career trajectory of Matthew Stafford versus Sam Bradford versus Baker Mayfield will give us any practical insight into where Bryce & Co go from here.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Alaois posted:

personally i think if a quarterback drops the ball on the ground when he gets hit, its maybe a little bit of his fault

I think you misread what you tried critiquing

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Just because the cowboys defense was good doesn’t mean that the cowboys defense was anywhere close to as good as the historically excellent Browns D.

The browns defense was significantly better than the cowboys defense this season.

Ordinal ranking does not inherently imply equivalent linear spacing. You buffoon!!!

Thanks for typing this out.

That "Composite Index of Assets" chart or whatever, which listed 2024 draft picks & cap space & salaries which can be converted, had the same issue. Sorted each category by rank, top team got 100%, bottom 0%, linear spacing all the way down.

Dumbass "ooh let's put multiple things in the same chart, regardless of their data sets" mentality.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

BiggerBoat posted:

Looks to me in the moment like the whole Ryan Leaf/Peyton Manning conversation again.

Chargers would have taken Peyton if they'd been able to get the 1st pick though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Short kings rise UP!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPhqsunGPII&t=24s