Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Please stop getting hurt, Anthony Richardson. He's so fun to watch and has gotten better each start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Bryce missed some wide open reads and made some bad passes. He might end up being good but he's looked bad these past two weeks against some pretty mediocre to bad defenses

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

AOC seems like he's gonna be a serviceable backup who can spot start and things will mostly be fine. I dunno if he has enough to be a full time starter. But nothing wrong with being a backup that can be trusted.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Richardson was doing so well. I really hope he can stay healthy next year.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Reich is stubborn and resistant to change and doesn't try to scheme any help for players and depends on them to win their matchup all the time.

It worked in Indy when he had hall of fame QBs that could make adjustments at the line or just flat out make plays. When he didn't have that then his only success was having a dominant offensive line and RB. And if either of those stopped working then the team was screwed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Hard disagree. Richardson isn't gonna be a real NFL QB barring some divine intervention that makes him less of a dummy and less delicate. Dude's been a terrible QB who's constantly dinged up for his entire college career. The fact that he couldn't make it through more than a single full game without coming out in his first season isn't remotely inspiring. I do think Steichen is a good enough coach to smoke and mirrors some poo poo to make him look decent for a bit but no i dont think he's ever gonna be the guy.

You can talk about his injury concerns but when he was playing he was playing really really well.

If he stays healthy he's gonna be a beast. The second half against the Rams was a great look into what I think the Colts want him to develop into full time. And he was killing the Texans before he got concussed.

Steichen will definitely get the most out of him and coach him up. So it's just a matter of consistency and staying healthy. Maybe he is gonna be snakebitten and never healthy, and that would suck, but I think he showed he's got all the tools and ability to put it all together so long as he can stay on the field.