Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
It's 2023 and there are still people who think Dak or Stafford are good. What in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Like the offense is badly designed, badly called, and the talent is poo poo but Bryce has not once shown the ability to put up even an Andy Dalton level game with this same offense. Or put another way what exactly is Bryce bringing to the table to get excited about if you do put him in a different offense? Is it accuracy, vision, arm strength, off platform throws, running ability? Bc tonight he and Bagent looked like the same level of QB.

Hey, let's not pick on Bagent by saying he's as bad as Young.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Black Sunshine posted:

It's cool that AOC can shift protections but dude needs to not take so many sacks. It's definitely him adjusting to the speed of the NFL and everything but aside from that he's been pretty okay so far. He's making mistakes for sure but dude is a 4th round rookie and he's learning on the fly. Better than Young so far anyway but he has much better weapons so who knows.

Yeah, especially when it takes the team out of FG range.

Needs to speed up the processing speed, but he's a rookie. Let him play out the year and then the Raiders can decide to draft someone, pay Kirk Cousins, or roll with AOC another year.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Colt McCoy has like 4 inches and 30 pounds on Bryce.

Forrest on Fire posted:

He's 4 inches shorter than Colt McCoy. He'd be Smart Doug Flutie

Colt McCoy is over 6' tall. He's got at least 6" on Bryce and 40 lbs.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

AndrewP posted:

Will Levis: pretty good!

He’s willing to sacrifice his body in an Allen-esque way which is scary but fun to watch. His mechanics seem a little weird but he’s got plenty of arm and has no problem getting the ball down the field. He was smart with the checkdowns, stood tall in the pocket. I like him!

I think I said "That's a weird throwing motion" at least 15 times last night watching Levis.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

BlindSite posted:

Considering he's looked the best against serious contenders I tend to agree. Unless someone like Lamar, Reek or CMC goes thermonuclear in the last few games.

The problem with Brock and the Dak is they've had cupcake schedules this year. Lamar has been winning with a harder schedule and worse surrounding talent. Brock looked awful when the best player on the Niners was out (Trent Williams).

Really, it should be Tyreek, tho.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean by more charitable you mean Homer then sure you can extrapolate till he’s basically Tom Brady if you so chose

I don't think anyone has insinuated that Brock is a cheater.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

The Puppy Bowl posted:

The 49ers would be more hurt by the loss of CMC, Deboo, or Kittle than by the loss of Purdy. Those guys create such a high floor that even the drop off from Purdy to Sam Darnold (which is substantial) would be less impactful.

Niners fell apart when Trent Williams was out. Trent Williams is the best player on that team.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

C. Everett Koop posted:

I'm curious, are there any QBs who really make "The Leap" after their initial rookie deals? Brees/Favre come to mind but they had to change teams first, Steve Young started in the USFL.

Modern day, with all of the QB camps and such, it feels like if a guy hasn't figured it out in his first couple of seasons, at least year 3 barring Urban Meyer-like situations, it's not gonna happen.

Cousins & Geno made the leap after like 6 years. Allen made the leap after two really bad years, so still on his rookie deal.

Possibly Fields or Love, although I guess Fields is still on his rookie deal and I guess it's still debatable if Love is NFL starting caliber.

I can't tell if Dak has finally made the leap this year or if it's just dunking on really bad opponents. He is so up and down.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

He is a pampered rich kid who’s spent his life in invitational qb camps, elite prep high schools, and Alabama. He’s always been surrounded by the best players and coaches. He’d lost like three games ever and and has never been challenged because of how good his teams were.

Dude looks loving miserable. Almost all athletes have that moment where they realize they don’t belong anymore. That their bodies just can’t keep up with everyone else.

Bryce is realizing he never had it.

Dude, kettle.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Dutchy posted:

4 bad games, 0-4 record. The case is clear: the fate of this franchise rides on this young man's shoulders.

Trent Williams?

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

AndrewP posted:

What leverage does Tua have if Miami offers him, say, $30m a year? Does he really think he's going to have a $50m a year market?

Baker Mayfield balked at a "middle class" QB contract and look what happened to him.

Yes. Why don't you think Tua would get $50m/year in FA?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Nodoze posted:

Matthew Stafford was good outside of LA, Packers have had multiple QBs under multiple coaches be good

Stafford has always been bad.